Economics and Finance
The Department of Economics and Finance is composed of faculty and staff who are dedicated to the mission of building an excellent department and a large group of talented students who are laying the foundations of high-impact careers in economics and finance. Come join us and see why economics and finance dominate the headlines and why these majors are so popular on campus.
New Faculty Members
We are pleased to welcome six new faculty members this academic year:
- Katarzyna Habu, PhD Oxford, Assistant Professor with expertise in public economics, public finance and applied microeconomics.
- Pedram Jahangiry, PhD Arizona State University, Visiting Assistant Professor with expertise in financial econometrics, empirical asset pricing, and factor models.
- Matthew Jaremski, PhD Vanderbilt, Associate Professor with expertise in banking, financial history, and monetary economics.
- Craig Palsson, PhD Yale, Assistant Professor with expertise in economic history and economic development.
- Sepideh Raei, PhD Arizona State University, Assistant Professor with expertise in macroeconomics and public finance.
- Ayse Sapci, PhD Vanderbilt, Assistant Professor with expertise in macroeconomic theory and financial economics.
- Matthew Jaremski: Huntsman School of Business Researcher of the Year 2019