Huntsman School Scholarships
The Huntsman School offers several scholarships that are based on a student’s academic performance (GPA) and financial need. The application opens in December of each year, with scholarships being awarded in April/May. Awarded scholarships are applied to the following academic school year.
Huntsman Scholarship Donors
During academic year 2019-20, the Huntsman School awarded more than $3 Million in scholarships. These funds were donated by alumni and friends of the Huntsman School, with many scholarships carrying specific criteria for awards. The following page lists the criteria for the majority of scholarships that will be awarded this year.Huntsman Scholarships Criteria
Scholarship Application Requirements
To qualify for Huntsman Scholarships students must:
- Be declared a Huntsman School of Business student with at least one primary major in the Huntsman School of Business
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the academic year 2021-22 (Required to be considered for financial need based scholarships)
- Be a full-time student (12 credits or more)
- Be an undergraduate student
The scholarship application software will allow you to save your application and return later to complete and submit it. Please make sure to read the instructions on the application introduction regarding saving and loading.
Below is a list of information that you will need to know as you complete your application.
- Name of other scholarships you will be receiving and the date they end
- Honors, awards, and formal recognitions received
- USU leadership activities
- University and civic clubs/organizations/sports teams’ membership
- Service organizations or personal service given
- Special interests and hobbies
- Prepare for 2 Essay Questions:
- 1- What are the qualities that you feel make the best leaders? In what ways do you exemplify those attributes and please give examples.
- 2- Include an essay on the topic of what you want to do with your degree. What are your aspirations and plans for the future? (in no more than 750 words, formatting is not a factor)
Please answer all questions to the best of your ability. Not all questions are required; however, the more you answer the better your chances are of receiving a Huntsman School scholarship. Please check the major listed on your grade transcript and make sure it is correct. If it is not, please contact the Records Office. You will not be awarded a scholarship by the Huntsman School of Business unless you are officially admitted to the school.
Dates to Remember
- December 7, 2020 - Scholarship application opens.
- January 29, 2021 - Scholarship applications due for the Huntsman School of Business. Applications must be submitted online no later than 5 p.m. on this date.
- April 12, 2021 - Receive by email an award or decline letter from the Huntsman School of Business.
- April 30, 2021 - Submit acceptance form via online link. Remember, a copy of the donor thank-you letter, a biography, and high-quality professional photo must be included with your acceptance.
What Happens to Your Application?
Your application is considered for a cash award by the Huntsman School of Business Scholarship Committee.
In order to allocate funds in as objective and equitable method as possible, we use an index score based on several factors related to academic success and financial need.
For academic success, we calculate an index formula that awards a score with weighted components based upon:
- Overall GPA and credit hours
- Huntsman GPA and credit hours (this makes up approximately 2/3 of the weighting).
Needs-based awards also take the FAFSA score into account. For scholarships with specific donor criteria, potential recipients are qualified based on responses to questions in the application. See Huntsman Scholarships Criteria.
After the awarding has been completed, award and denied letters will be emailed to you.
We wish you the best of luck in your scholarship quest. If you have any questions not answered above, please send an email to email@example.com.