ECN 4250- Economics Internship
Provides economics internship experience in a career related position approved by the department of Economics and Finance. Course will not qualify as upper division ECN elective.
- Grade of C or better in ECN 1500 and ECN 2010
- Internship coordinator approval
- Repeatable for credit (up to 9 credits only).
- Interns will receive a Pass or Fail grade based on work performance.
Internship Approval Process
- Meet with department internship coordinator
- Find Internship
- Obtain a signed offer letter, on company letterhead, from the employer and provide a copy to the department internship coordinator.
- Offer Letter must contain the following information:
- Student's full name
- Student's A number
- Student's contact information
- Supervisor's name and contact information
- Internship location
- Internship title
- Dates of internship
- Number of hours expected to work each week
- Description of duties
- The student will receive an email notification of the approval/denial of the internship. The email will instruct the student to register for ECN 4250 for 1-9 credits. - How to register for more than 1 credit in Banner.
- ECN 4250 is graded as pass/fail.
- The student must complete the internship during the semester of registration.
- Final internship report must be submitted to department internship coordinator before grade will be posted to transcript.
Internship Credit Table
The number of credits available depends on the hours spent working.
|Credits Available||Work Hours per Week||Work Hours per Semester|