- Data Analytics and Information Systems
Ph.D., Education, University of Wyoming, 2000 Emphasis: Adult Learning and Technology
MS, Business Information Systems and Education, Utah State University, 1994
BS, Business Administration/Marketing, Utah State University, 1993
USU Teacher of the Year - 2016. Eldon J. Gardner Teacher of the Year, Utah State University.
HSB Teacher of the Year - 2016
Dr. Pam Dupin-Bryant is a Professor of Data Analytics & Information Systems at Utah State University. During her 25 years at USU Tooele, Pam has employed a wide variety of delivery methods and educational strategies to facilitate learning for traditional and nontraditional students. Her research and scholarly writings have focused primarily on information systems pedagogy, e-learning/distance education, and business ethics. Her primary teaching activities include business applications programming, web design/development, and principles of MIS. Dr. Pam has received many awards for her teaching innovations, research, and service. Dr. Dupin-Bryant received the Ben Bauman Award for Excellence from the International Association for Computer Information Systems and was honored as the USU Teacher of the Year.
Pam Dupin-Bryant — Passion For Higher Education (Huntsman Alumni Magazine - Fall 2016)
Distinguished Award Winners – Spring 2016 (The Huntsman Post - May 2016)
The Digital Revolution (The Huntsman Post - October 2015)
MIS Faculty - Awards and Publications (The Huntsman Post – October 2015)
- Olsen, D., Dupin-Bryant, P., (2016). Integrating data cleansing with popular culture: A novel SQL character data tutorial. Review of Business Information Systems, 20:1, 13-28.
- Mills, R.J, Dupin-Bryant, P., Johnson, J., Beaulieu, T., (2016). Examining learning styles and perceived benefits of analogical problem construction on SQL knowledge acquisition. Journal of Information Systems Education, 26:3, 203-218.
- Mills, R.J, Dupin-Bryant, P., Olsen, D., (2015). Designing SQL database modules using correlation coefficients and linear regression: A content-centered approach. Performance Improvement Journal, 54:6, 20-31.
- Baird, D.K, Dupin-Bryant, P., (2014). The development of procedures and policies for undergraduate hybrid courses: A comparison study. Issues in Information Systems, 15:2, 441-449.
- Dupin-Bryant, P., Olsen, D., (2014). Business Intelligence, Analytics And Data Visualization: A Heat Map Project Tutorial. International Journal of Management & Information Systems, 18:3, 185-200.
- Olsen, D., Dupin-Bryant, P., (2013). Combining business intelligence and stock market data: A primer for data analytics and business intelligence. Journal of Applied Business Research, 29:1, 139-155.
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2012). Faculty perceptions of pedagogical benefits of web 2.0 technologies and variables related to adoption. Issues in Information Systems, 13:1, 258-263.
- Olsen, D., Dupin-Bryant, P., (2012). Business intelligence and information systems: Enhancing student knowledge in database courses. Review of Business Information Systems, 16:1, 1-14.
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2010). Software piracy: Exploring awareness of the law as a determinant of softlifting attitude and intention. Issues in Information Systems, 11:1, 17-22.
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2009). Educational Strategies for Software Piracy Prevention. Journal of Business and Training Education, 18, 18-27.
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2008). Computer-mediated collaborative projects: Processes for enhancing group development. Journal of Applied Research for Business Instruction, 6:2, 1-6.
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, DuCharme-Hansen, B.A, (2005). Assessing student needs in web-based distance education. International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 2:1
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2004). Enhancing collaboration in business information systems courses with computer-mediated communication. Issues in Information Systems, 5:1, 110-116.
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2004). Preentry variables related to retention in online distance education. The American Journal of Distance Education, 18:4, 199-206.
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2004). Teaching styles of interactive television instructors: A descriptive study. The American Journal of Distance Education, 18:1, 39-50.
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2004). Variables related to interactive television teaching style: In search of learner-centered teaching styles. International Journal of Instructional Technology and Distance Learning, 1:4
- Dupin-Bryant, P., Senese, G., Shinkle, A., (1999). The effective use of listservs in distance education. Mountain Plains Journal of Adult Education, 26:2, 25-29.
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2007). Pervasive computing: The future of computers in higher education. Journal of Education Research/Nova Science Publishers, 1:3/4
- DuCharme-Hansen, B.A, Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2005). Distance education plans: Course planning for online adult learners. TechTrends, 49:2
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2004). Strategies for teaching in online learning environments: Utilizing instructor immediacy behaviors. Journal of Applied Research for Business Instruction, 2:2, 1-4.
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2002). Reducing computer anxiety in adult microcomputer training. Journal of Extension, 40:5
- Barbara, H.A, Shinkle, A., Dupin-Bryant, P., (1999). Feedback in distance education: Broadening electronic communication pathways. Journal of Extension, 37:6
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2016). The case of the confused pirate. Case Studies for Effective Business Instruction
- Dupin-Bryant, P., (2010). The case of the domain name typosquatter. Case Studies in Computer Ethics
- Dupin-Bryant, P.A, (2006). Pervasive computing: The future of computers in higher education. Nova Science Publishers *
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.