Daily decisions can either help or hinder your progress. It might be easier to go with the flow, but sticking up for yourself empowers you to reach your goals and dreams. Stop by the business council booth and write down one way you stick up for yourself (or text in how you stick up for yourself to 208.360.9135). Whether that is participating in something that makes you feel confident, taking time for yourself, or overcoming a difficult situation, etc., you can find little ways to stick up for yourself every day.
Are you needing a break from studying? Perfect! Come to HIGH Fitness in the Huntsman Hall inner Courtyard at 6:00 pm. Be prepared to have fun, sweat away your stress, and leave feeling better than you came! Don't forget to bring a mask and a water bottle.
Have you always wanted to try something new but never had the motivation? Well, today is the day! Start on a certification, learn something new, schedule an appointment to plan your future profession, or reach that new running time. There are so many new things you can try and this event will help with that. Go out of your comfort zone and do something you always wanted to do. Try it, learn from it, and grow from it.
Every day, we consume resources from the earth in the form of water, food, fiber, energy, and other resources. We are doing this at an unsustainable rate that will affect future generations and all life on earth. This rampant resource use is especially problematic in the United States. In this webinar, we review how ecological footprints are measured and the problems created by excessive resource use. We will present solutions to increase sustainability with examples from “Green Marketing.” Helping consumers “Go Green” through social influence and message framing at large scales can help shrink our ecological footprints and encourage us to adopt more responsible and environmentally friendly practices.
Join the USU SHRM club as we hear from global HR leaders about their experiences with HR and leadership.
Heinke Hahn is the Director of Global HR for Sennheiser. Sennheiser is a global leader in manufacturing headphones, loudspeakers, microphones, and wireless transmission systems. Sennheiser produced ~$1 billion in revenue in 2019. Heinke directs the global HR strategy of more than 21 subsidiaries, four research and development centers, four captive production sites, and almost 3,000 people employed in dozens of countries.
This is an amazing opportunity to learn from an HR executive from one of the world's most recognized audio equipment manufacturers. We hope you can join us (join via Zoom)!
Setting simple goals is a great way to feel in control of life and get motivated! Check out the Business Council booth near the entrance of Huntsman Hall and jot down a goal on the ‘Huntsman Goal Scroll’ (or text in your goal to 208.360.9135) to join your fellow students in treating yourself with a dose of motivation! Also, take a minute to see the amazing goals that are being set by your peers here at Huntsman Hall. The future is yours!
Panel Discussion/Presentation | Focused Friday
Meet one of the most powerful women in Finance. Marisa Drew is changing the world of finance by linking profits with purpose. She shares her passion for sustainable finance—investing in companies that are more purposeful and more thoughtful—and finds that returns are stable or even higher during times of crisis, like the current pandemic. During her 30 year career in investment banking, Marisa has been a constant champion of gender parity in the industry, encouraging women to believe in themselves and their abilities and to never settle.
Watch live on the Huntsman YouTube Channel.
The Utah Women & Leadership Project invites you to join us for our fourth Spring Women’s Leadership Forum.
The authors of the Harvard Business Review books Athena Rising and Good Guys will make the business case for male engagement in gender equality, showing why men are often absent from gender equity work and why genuine equity is good for both men and women. Using social science evidence and their extensive interviews with women (and the men they nominated), they will explore the possible challenges of cross-gender professional relationships. Using their research and organizational best practices, they will provide the “how to” for men, women, and organizational leaders who want to be intentional, inclusive, and excellent allies, leveraging mentorship, sponsorship, and workplace partnership to create a more diverse workforce.
RVSP to attend.
- All Types
- Academic Calendar (112)
- Panel Discussion/Presentation (7)
- Social/Networking (2)
- Workshop/Training (2)
- Lecture/Readings (1)
- Special Event (1)
- Student Activities (1)
- Arts/Entertainment (0)
- Celebration/Fair/Festival (0)
- Ceremony/Awards (0)
- Conference/Seminar (0)
- Cultural (0)
- Date/Deadline (0)
- Exhibition (0)
- Fundraiser (0)
- Information/Orientation (0)
- Breakfast/Luncheon/Dinner (0)
- Meeting (0)
- Reception/Reunion (0)
- Recreation (0)
- Sports (0)
- More Types
- All Audiences
- Students (157)
- Faculty (154)
- Staff (154)
- Parents (124)
- General Public (42)
- Alumni (31)
- Invitation only (0)
- All Departments
- Jon M. Huntsman School of Business (3)
- Business Council (1)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (1)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) (0)
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) (0)
- BI Group (0)
- Computational Finance Research Lab (0)
- Covey Leadership Fellows (CLF) (0)
- Economics and Finance Department (0)
- Entrepreneurship Center (0)
- Entrepreneurship Club (0)
- Finance and Economics Club (0)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) (0)
- FJ Management Center for Student Success (0)
- Global Learning Experience (0)
- Healthcare Administration Club (HAC) (0)
- Huntsman Marketing Association (0)
- Huntsman Scholars (0)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) (0)
- Investment Banking Club (0)
- International Business Club (0)
- Management Department (0)
- Data Analytics & Information Systems Department (0)
- Marketing and Strategy Department (0)
- Master in Human Resources (MHR) (0)
- Master of Accounting (MAcc) (0)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (0)
- Master of Business Administration Association (MBAA) (0)
- Master of Management Information Systems (MMIS) (0)
- Master of Science in Economics (MSE) (0)
- Master of Science in Financial Economics (MSFE) (0)
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) (0)
- Pro-Sales (0)
- Real Estate Association (0)
- School of Accountancy (0)
- Shingo Institute Student Chapter (0)
- USU Distributive Education Clubs of America Chapter (DECA) (0)
- USU Pre-Law Society (0)
- Utah Women & Leadership Project (0)
- Sales Club (0)
- Women in Business Association (0)
- More Departments
- Utah State University (1)