Apply for the One-year MBA
The Full-time Huntsman MBA program admits new students at the beginning of each fall semester. Early qualified applicants will be notified soon after their applications are complete. Application deadlines are as follows:
|1st Priority Deadline||December 1st|
|2nd Priority Deadline||February 1st|
|International Student Deadline||May 1st|
|Final Priority Deadline||June 1st|
|Scholarship Review Deadline||February 1st|
In order to be considered for scholarship review, applications must be received by the 2nd Priority deadline on February 1st. Applications received after the Final Priority Deadline will be considered on a space-available basis.
Graduate Admissions Test (GMAT/GRE/MAT)
Either the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Examination), or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) is a prerequisite for admission. All tests are equally acceptable. Only the quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT and GRE are considered. Graduate admission test scores are valid for five years. If you have taken an entrance exam multiple times, the highest score will be used in the application process. When submitting your application, you may record unofficial test scores, but official test scores must be reported directly to the USU School of Graduate Studies.
The MBA Office has accepted the LSAT, DAT, or MCAT in lieu of the GMAT, GRE, or MAT. Please contact our office for specific details.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts for each college or university attended. Please have the transcripts sent to the USU School of Graduate Studies Office.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: School of Graduate Studies, 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900
Applicants who have graduated from USU do not need to submit a transcript.
Statement of Purpose
A one-page essay of your career goals and objectives is an important part of the application and should provide insights into why you want an MBA, why you would be a good candidate, and the benefits you anticipate receiving upon completion of the program. The essay is submitted as a supplemental item after the application fee has been paid.
Letters of Recommendation
Full-time MBA applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation. The names and email addresses of the recommenders are entered directly into the application.
- Your recommenders must submit their letters of recommendation through the online application, which will be sent to their email.
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that letters of recommendations are received. This process is managed through the online application system.
In order to help students apply theory with the real world, full-time work experience is required for the program.
Applicants are required to submit a professional résumé. The résumé is submitted as a supplemental item in the application.
- Include employment history and educational accomplishments
- Highlight managerial and leadership experience
- Meet professional business résumé standards
English Language Proficiency Requirement
International applicants who have not obtained a university degree in an English-speaking country are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Test System (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
English Language Scores (only one required)
- TOEFL: 213 Computer / 79 Internet
- IELTS: 6.0 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale)
- PTE: Academic score of 53
For more details on the English language proficiency requirement, please visit the USU School of Graduate Studies.
Applicants may be asked to interview with the the MBA Admission Committee. Interviews are conducted by invitation only, and applicants will be contacted by the MBA Office to arrange a time. Interviews are conducted on-campus in Logan and generally take about half an hour. Special accommodations can be arranged for international and out-of-state students.
A non-refundable $55 application fee is paid to the School of Graduate Studies Office. The payment is submitted online at the conclusion of your application.
In order to enhance the probability of student success in the Huntsman MBA program, all candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the required prep courses. Applicants can take the USU Huntsman School Prep Courses through MyEducator. To get started click on the course links below.
- Each course includes material, exercises, and assessments.
- Courses are available online, on-demand, and are a cost-effective option.
- The MBA program requires that you pass the midterm and final assessments of each course with a score of 80% or better. You are welcome to skip right to the midterm and final assessments, but you will only have three opportunities to take each assessment.
- You will have lifetime access to each course, the material, and the assessments for a one-time fee of $69.99 per course.
- You may click on each link once to add them all to your cart at the same time. Then, you may make one total purchase of $279.96. You are also welcome to buy them individually if you so choose.
- For any technical difficulties that you may experience, please contact MyEducator (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Prep courses do not need to be completed prior to application, but they must be completed before a student begins the MBA courses.