The Professional Huntsman MBA program admits new students at the beginning of each semester. Early qualified applicants will be notified soon after their applications are complete. Application deadlines are as follows:
|Professional Fall Semester||June 15th|
|Professional Spring Semester||November 15th|
|Professional Summer Semester||March 15th|
Applicants must have completed an undergraduate degree (or its equivalent) from an accredited college or university. An MBA can be a great addition to many different undergraduate degrees, and we encourage applicants from all disciplines to apply.
Either the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), GRE (Graduate Record Examination), or MAT (Miller Analogies Test) is a prerequisite for admission. All tests are equally acceptable. Only the quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT and GRE are considered. Graduate admission test scores are valid for five years. If you have taken an entrance exam multiple times, the highest score will be used in the application process. When submitting your application, you may record unofficial test scores, but official test scores should be reported directly to the USU School of Graduate Studies.
Applicants with four years or more of managerial leadership experience may submit a waiver for the entrance exam. Waivers should include a one-page letter addressed to the MBA admissions committee that describes your managerial leadership experience, the scope of your responsibilities, the number of people you supervised, and the reach of your influence. Waivers can be submitted for review as a supplemental item after the application fee has been paid.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts for each college or university attended. Please have the transcripts sent to the USU School of Graduate Studies Office.
- Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: School of Graduate Studies, 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900
Applicants who have graduated from USU do not need to submit a transcript.
A one-page essay of your career goals and objectives is an important part of the application and should provide insights into why you want an MBA, why you would be a good candidate, and the benefits you anticipate receiving upon completion of the program. The essay is submitted as a supplemental item after the application fee has been paid.
MBA applicants are required to submit three letters of recommendation. The names and email addresses of the recommenders are entered directly into the application. Applicants who have been out of school for less than two years should submit the names of two professors. Applicants who have been out of school for more than two years may submit the names of three professional contacts.
- Your recommenders must submit their letters of recommendation through the online application, which will be sent to their email
- Applicants are responsible for ensuring that letters of recommendation are received. This process is managed through the online application system
- References should come from professional relationships.
Although it is not required for the professional MBA program, previous work experience is beneficial.
Applicants are required to submit a professional résumé. The résumé is submitted as a supplemental item in the application.
- Include employment history and educational accomplishments
- Highlight managerial and leadership experience
- Meet professional business résumé standards
International applicants who have not obtained a university degree in an English-speaking country are required to take either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Test System (IELTS), or the Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic).
English Language Scores (only one required)
- TOEFL: 213 Computer / 79 Internet
- IELTS: 6.0 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale)
- PTE: Academic score of 53
For more details on the English language proficiency requirement, please visit the USU School of Graduate Studies.
A non-refundable $55 application fee is paid to the School of Graduate Studies Office. The payment is submitted online at the conclusion of your application.
In order to enhance the probability of student success in the Huntsman MBA program, all candidates must demonstrate proficiency in the required prep courses. Applicants can take the USU Huntsman School Prep Courses through MyEducator. To get started click on the course links below.
- Each course includes material, exercises, and assessments
- Courses are available online, on-demand, and are a cost-effective option.
- The MBA program requires that you pass the midterm and final assessments of each course with a score of 80% or better. You are welcome to skip right to the midterm and final assessments, but you will only have three opportunities to take each assessment.
- You will have lifetime access to each course, the material, and the assessments for a one-time fee of $69.99 per course.
- You may click on each link once to add them all to your cart at the same time. Then, you may make one total purchase of $279.96. You are also welcome to buy them individually if you so choose.
- For any technical difficulties that you may experience, please contact MyEducator (email@example.com).
Prep courses do not need to be completed prior to application, but they must be completed before a student begins the MBA courses.