2019-2020 Student and Employee Awards
Each year, the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business recognizes top-performing students, staff, and faculty for their academic and professional accomplishments. For the 2019-2020 academic year, we would like to acknowledge and commend the following individuals as recipients of these awards and achievements.
- William Forster, Business Administration - Valedictorian
- Brooke Gunnell, Finance and Accounting - Scholar of the Year
- Katherine Ashley, MIS - Legacy of Utah State
- Benton Smith, MIS - Kiwanis Outstanding Senior
- Jake Meyer, Economics - Graduate Student Researcher
- Josh Lyman, Economics - Undergraduate Student Researcher
- Lianne Wappett, Lecturer in the MIS Department - Teacher of the Year
- USU Empowering Teaching Excellence Scholar (2020 cohort)
- Julena Bonner, Assistant Professor of Management in the Marketing and Strategy Department - Faculty Researcher of the Year
- Antje Graul, Assistant Professor of Marketing - Faculty Service Award
- Dave Olsen, Professor of MIS - Graduate Faculty Mentor of the Year
- Matt Meng, Assistant Professor of Marketing - Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year
- Chad Simon, Associate Professor of Accounting and Huntsman Scholar Program Academic Director - Undergraduate Faculty Mentor of the Year
- Tonya Davis, Director of Employer Engagement - Employee of the Year
Three professors were awarded promotion and/or tenure for exemplifying a commitment to student success and showing excellence in their respective research.
- Dr. Sterling Bone, Associate Professor in the Marketing & Strategy Department, was promoted to full Professor.
- Dr. Kelly Fadel, Associate Professor in the Data Analytics & Information Systems Department, was promoted to full Professor.
- Dr. Jared Hansen, Assistant Professor in the Marketing & Strategy Department, received tenure and a promotion to Associate Professor.
The A-Pin award has been a Utah State University tradition since 1910. This award recognizes students who have earned a 4.0 GPA for two consecutive semesters carrying 15 or more credit hours. This year, 18 Huntsman students were recognized with this academic honor.
- Felipe Acosta, International Business
- Madeleine Alder, Economics
- Candice Anderson, Business Administration
- Mark Blackham, International Business
- Jack DeSpain, Finance
- Rebecka Denney, Business Administration
- Justin Dygert, Finance
- Riley Hansen, Accounting
- Jesse Johnson, Economics
- Lee Johnson, Economics
- Quinn Johnson, Accounting
- Joshua Liechty, Accounting
- Nate Mather, Finance
- Samuel McKenzie, Finance
- Emily Merrill, Business Administration
- Kaiah Nelson, Marketing
- Benton Smith, Management Information Systems
- Chloe Titensor, Management