Seven Huntsman School Students Place at Virtual DECA Competition
Ten students from the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University competed virtually in the Utah State DECA competition and 7 of the 10 competing students placed and qualified for the national competition which will be held virtually in April.
The state competition included students from almost every major University in the state of Utah. “Our students had a great experience and learned a great deal,” said Alex Romney, Marketing and Strategy Assistant Professor. “They were energized by the opportunity.”
Collegiate DECA is an international organization for college students preparing for a variety of careers. Collegiate DECA programs engage students from a variety of educational disciplines while maintaining a strong focus on business-related areas including marketing, management, and entrepreneurship. Students are given networking, leadership development, and community service opportunities that assist in career development.
- International Marketing - 1st Place - Dallin Malm and Matt Swink
- Marketing Management - 1st Place - Jake Harrison
- Human Resources Management - 2nd Place - Jake Harrison
- Professional Sales - 2nd Place - Ryan Brenchley
- Sales Management Meeting - 2nd Place - Ryan Brenchley
- Marketing Management - 3rd Place - Cece Burridge
- Business Ethics - 6th Place - Brian Bertolio and Dellan Fielding