Huntsman Student DECA Victory
Seven Utah State University students returned from the State DECA Competition at Southern Utah University with first place titles in at least one of their competitions. Four students took second place and one student took third place. The competition included students from around the state of Utah.
“Our students had a great experience and learned a great deal,” said Alexander Romney, an assistant professor in the Department of Marketing and Strategy and the academic advisor for DECA at USU. “They were energized by the opportunity and represented Utah State University and the Huntsman School with professionalism and competence.”
Romney said all but one student qualified for April’s national competition in Atlanta.
Collegiate DECA is an international organization for college students preparing for a variety of careers. Collegiate DECA programs engage students from a variety of educational disciplines while maintaining a strong focus on business-related areas including marketing, management, and entrepreneurship. Students are given networking, leadership development, and community service opportunities that assist in career development.
- Freddy Ortiz and Alex Hall - Business Ethics Case Competition
- Alex Hall - Entrepreneurship Operations Case Competition
- Michaela Leishman - Fashion and Merchandise Marketing
- Drew Schafeitel - Marketing Management
- Ryan Brenchley - Professional Sales
- Michaela Leishman - Restaurant and Food Service Management
- Drew Schafeitel - Human Resource Management
- Matthew Swink and Freddy Ortiz - International Marketing
- Ryan Brenchley - Sales Management
- Lexy Hughes - Travel Tourism
- Summer Simmons - Travel Tourism
- Lexy Hughes - Hotel and Lodging Management
- Summer Simmons - Retail Management
- Jake Harrison and Matt Swink - Business to Business Marketing