SoftBank's Next Bet: $940M Into Autonomous Delivery Startup Nuro
Original Content Publication Date: 02/14/2019
SoftBank hasn't been keeping all of its eggs in one autonomous vehicle basket. The most recent investment of $940M went to Nuro, the autonomous food delivery service, running their trials in Scottsdale, AZ. Nuro connects the retailer to its customers through last-mile grocery delivery and they are out of the lab and onto the streets. SoftBank also invested $2.25B in GM's AV unit, Cruise, along with others so when AV takes off the venture will be a part of it no matter who it is.
- SoftBank made a $940M investment in the autonomous delivery service, Nuro
- This is just the most recent investment into autonomous vehicles from SoftBank who invested $2.25 into GM's Cruise
- SoftBank is now competing against itself through all the funding they've spread through the AV market
- Why would SoftBank invest so much into a company just doing autonomous delivery?
- What benefits does SoftBank get from investing into multiple AV companies attempting the same thing instead of just one?