How Darden Teaches Accounting Using the Case Method
Original Content Publication Date: 04/16/2010
Darden Professor explains how they use the case method to teach accounting. It’s a four step process which helps the students learn more efficiently than just being lectured to.
- Darden Professor shares how they teach accounting principles using the case method
- First step is period of individual investigation
- Second is meeting with your student learning team
- Third is classroom discussion
- Fourth is reflections about the case
1. What are the benefits of the case method?
2. What does a professor need to do to be prepared to teach using the case method?