On Boarding for Employees
New Employee Orientation
Attend a USU New Hire Orientation to learn about your benefits and become more familiar with USU. This session covers history, policy, resources, and benefits.
Please also visit the New Employee Page for USU.
Hiring Process Checklist (30 days prior to start):
- Schedule an appointment with Shauna Fairbanks, Business Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org or 435.797.5689 to process final hiring paperwork (USU email address will be requested at this time)
- I9 (must be complete within 3 days of start date)
- Direct Deposit
- Complete and submit USU HR benefit forms (within 30 days of start date)
Mandatory Employee Trainings
- Complete Title IX and Sexual Misconduct training (within 60 days of start date)
- Complete Driver training (within 2 weeks of start date)
As Needed Trainings
- P-Card Training (completed if employee will be issued a P-Card or authorized as a delegated user)
- If a P-card is needed contact Karen Fullmer in the Huntsman School Business Services Office to request a card
Provost Office Training/Onboarding
- New faculty at USU are expected to attend a New Faculty Training through the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost. The orientation is traditionally held in August prior to the school year beginning.
- Other information for faculty (faculty resource, administrative support, promotion and tenure) can be found on the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost website.
Departmental Support Staff
- Keys/Phone Number: Departmental Support staff will request keys and a phone number on your behalf. They will notify you when keys are ready to be picked up and what your office phone number will be.
- Computer: Departmental Support staff will be in contact to get your computer preference/needs. All efforts to provide your requested hardware and software on or before your start date will be made.
- Parking Passes: Can be purchased through the USU parking office. Permits can be requested online.
Employee Credential Set-up
Password – if you know your A number and password, skip this step
If you do not know your password, you may create/reset your password using the following steps:
- Visit https://myid.usu.edu
- Click “I don’t know my password” and complete the information.
- Once the PIN is received (via email or text), enter the PIN and generate a new password.
If you experience any issues, contact the IT Service Desk at 435-797-HELP.
Microsoft Multifactor Authentication – Two-Step Authentication
USU has implemented the use of Microsoft Multifactor Authentication for all employees. This will send a notification every day to the MFA app which you will need on your smart phone; if you don’t have a smart phone, a notification will go to a key fobUSB Security Key that you will need to purchase from USU. The additional security step is an effective method to prevent unauthorized access to employee accounts and safeguard University data.
USU ID Card
The USU CARD is the official ID card of all Utah State University students as well as faculty and staff. It functions as a library card, meal card, activities card, recreation center card, computer access card, health center card, and copy card as well as declining balance accounts and meal plans. Aggie Express is a debit account allowing you to deposit money on your ID card, and can be used at many campus locations. Plus, you will receive 10% off at certain campus dining facilities when you use it to pay for food. Visit http://usucard.usu.edu/index for more information.
Information about ordering Business Cards as well as a submission form is available through USU's Publication Design & Production.
Leave Tracking - MyTime
MyTime is a system that allows all University employees to submit leave (annual, sick, bereavement, jury, etc...) through an online, web-based system for their supervisor to approve. Employees can view leave balances and previously submitted leave in MyTime.
MyTime Login URL: https://mytime.usu.edu