Director - China Cooperative Academic Programs and Associate ProfessorDepartment(s):
- China Cooperative Academic Programs
- Economics and Finance
Contact InformationEccles Business Building 509
Ph.D., Finance, Washington University in St. Louis, 2006
M.S.B.A., Finance, Washington University in St. Louis, 2004
M.S., Mathematics Student, University of Kentucky, 2001
B.S., Finance, with Honors, Purdue University, 2000
- Jackson, J.J, Smith, J., (2019). Innovation of Agricultural Biotechnology with Experimental Use Licensing. Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics
- Caliendo, F.N, Guo, N.L, Smith, J., (2018). Policy Uncertainty and Bank Bailouts. journal of financial markets, 39, 111-125.
- Shah, A., Shah, H.A, Smith, J., Labianca, G., (2017). Judicial Efficiency and Capital Structure: An International Study. Journal of Corporate Finance
- Faulkender, M., Smith, J., (2016). Taxes and Leverage at Multinational Corporations. Journal of Financial Economics, 122:1, 1-20.
- Jackson, J.J, Smith, J., (2015). A Framework for Non-drastic Innovation with Product Differentiation. Economics Bulletin
- Blau, B.M, Smith, J., (2014). Autocorrelation in Daily Short-Sale Volume. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance
- Smith, J., (2014). Does the Market Matter More than Investment?. Journal of Empirical Finance
- Smith, J., Halgin, D., Kidwell-Lopez, V., Labianca, G., Brass, D., Borgatti, S., (2014). Power in Politically Charged Networks. Social Networks
- Flannery, M., Faulkender, M., Hankins, K., Smith, J., (2012). Cash Flows and Leverage Adjustments. Journal of Financial Economics, 1-3, 632-646.
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.