Associate Dean for Academic Affairs, Associate Professor, and Huntsman Scholar Program Academic DirectorDepartment(s):
- Dean's Office
- School of Accountancy
Ph.D., The University of Georgia, Athens, GA, 2008
M.Acc., Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 2003
B.S., Brigham Young University, Provo, UT, 2002
Undergraduate Faculty Mentor of the Year - 2020
School of Accountancy Programs Ranked 34th and 37th by Public Accounting Report (The Huntsman Post - September 2013)
- Simon, C., Smith, J.L, Zimbelman, M., (2018). The Influence of Judgment Decomposition on Auditors’ Fraud Risk Assessments: Some Tradeoffs. The Accounting Review; American Accounting Association, 93:5, 273-291. doi: https://doi.org/10.2308/accr-52024
- Messier, W.F, Robertson, J.C, Simon, C., (2015). The effects of client management concessions and ingratiation attempts on auditors' trust and proposed adjustments. Advances in Accounting, 31:1, 80-90.
- Campbell, J.L, Hansen, J., Simon, C., Smith, J.L, (2015). Audit Committee Stock Options and Financial Reporting Quality after the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory
- Messier, W.F, Simon, C., Smith, J.L, (2013). Two Decades Of Behavioral Research On Analytical Procedures: What Have We Learned?. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 32:1, 139-181. doi: 10.2308/ajpt-50327
- Burton, F.G, Emmett, S.A, Simon, C., Wood, D.A, (2012). Corporate Managers’ Reliance on Internal Auditor Recommendations. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory/American Accounting Association
- Simon, C., (2012). Individual Auditors’ Identification of Relevant Fraud Schemes. Auditing: A Journal of Practice and Theory/American Accounting Association
- Wood, D.A, Messier, W.F, Reynolds, J.K, Simon, C., (2011). The Effect of Using the Internal Audit Function as a Management Training Ground on the External Auditor’s Reliance Decision. The Accounting Review/American Accounting Association, 86:6, 2131–2154.
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.