- Data Analytics and Information Systems
Contact InformationEccles Business Building 706
Ph.D., Management Information Systems, University of Arizona, 1993
MBA, Utah State University, 1989
BS, Computer Information Systems, Weber State University, 1984
Jeff Johnson completed his PhD degree at the University of Arizona in 1993, and immediately joined the faculty in the DAIS department at USU. Dr. Johnson has taught nearly every class in the MIS curriculum, and is the course coordinator for the Principles of MIS survey course. His research and publishing interests include practical application of information technology, information technology entrepreneurship, and innovative data security. His work in information security has resulted in four US patents and multiple publications.
Dr. Johnson enjoys raising his own food in his garden, and spending time with his grandchildren.
- Harris, M.E, Mills, R.J, Fawson, C., Johnson, J.J, (2018). Examining the Impact of Training in the Unified Theory of Acceptance and Use of Technology. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 58:3, 221-233.
- Mills, R.J, Johnson, J., Beaulieu, T., (2017). Using SQL as a Theory of Planned Behavior Moderator to Examine Curriculum-Oriented and Promotional IS Enrollment Strategies. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 57:4, 299-308.
- Paper, D., Ugray, Z., Johnson, J., (2015). Mega Data Value Creation: A Roadmap to Success. Journal of Information Technology Case and Application Research, 16:3-4, 119-126.
- Johnson, J., Miller, S., Forsgren, N., Wann, C., (2014). Biases and Portfolio Management Behavior Profiles: An Empirical Taxonomy. Journal of Economics and Finance Education, 13:2, 99-110.
- O'Reilly, K., Johnson, J., Sanborn, G., (2012). Improving University Research Value: A Case Study. Sage OPen
- Claar, C., Johnson, J., (2012). Analyzing Home PC Security Adoption Behavior. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 52:4, 20-29.
- Montero, J.D, Kim, Y., Johnson, J., (2010). A Rapid Mapping Conversion Methodology to a Commercial-Off-The-Shelf System. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 50:4, 57-66.
- Debrand, C.C, Johnson, J., (2008). Gender Difference in Email and Instant Messaging: A Study of Undergraduate Business Information Systems Students. Journal of Computer Information Systems
- Johnson, J., Ugray, Z., (2007). Employee Internet Abuse: Policy versus Reality. Issues in Information Systems - IIS, 8:2, 214-219.
- Thanesuan, P., Johnson, J., Pratt, J., (2004). Web Design for Golden Agers: Does Anybody Care?. Issues in Information Systems , 4
- Fu, Y., Johnson, J., (2003). The Electronic Commerce Challenge in China's Economic Development. Issues in Information Systems , 3
- Hilton, T.S, Zhou, Q., Johnson, J., (2002). An Emerging Framework for Occidental- Oriental Information Society Law. Issues in Information Systems, 3
- Sheffelmaier, G.W, Johnson, J., (2002). Baseball Model for E-Commerce. Issues in Information Systems, 3
- Yatsenko, O., Mills, R.J, Johnson, J., (2002). The Golden Rules of Interface Design: Is Anyone Listening?. Issues in Information Systems, 3:1, 680-686.
- Olsen, D., Johnson, J., Hacking, M., Forsgren, N., (2001). Municipal Information Systems: Current Practices and Issues.. Issues in Information Systems, 2:1, 350-356.
- Olsen, D., Johnson, J., (2001). Municipal Information Systems: Current Practices and Issues. Issues in Information Systems, 2
- Johnson, J., (2000). Justification and Use of Information Technology for Organizational Learning and Memory. B>Quest
- Burke, K., Aytes, K., Chidambaram, L., Johnson, J., (1999). A Study of Partially Distributed Work Groups: The Impact of Media, Location, and Time on Perceptions and Performance. Journal of Small Group Research
- Johnson, J., Paper, D., (1999). An Exploration of Empowerment and Organizational Memory. Journal of Managerial Issues
- Olsen, D., Johnson, J., (1999). Augmenting Traditional Accounting Analysis and Design Methods with the Business Rules Modeling Paradigm. Review of Accounting Information Systems , 3:1, 9-26.
- Paper, D., Johnson, J., (1997). A Theoretical Model Linking Empowerment, Organizational Memory, and Creativity. Creativity and Innovation Management , 6:1
- Choi, H., Hilton, T.S, Johnson, J., (1995). E-mail Use Among MIS Professors in the USA. IBS Computing Quarterly
- Johnson, J., (1994). Supporting Distributed GDSS. SIGOIS Bulletin, 15:2
- LaBonty, D., Johnson, J., (1999). Global Telecommunications: Digitizing the Last Mile. Business Education Forum, 54:2, 52-54.
- Johnson, J., LaBonty, D., (1998). Using Selected Economic Principles to Assess Hardware and Software Markets. Business Education Forum, 53:1, 24-27.
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.