- Data Analytics and Information Systems
- Master of Management Information Systems
Ph.D., Management, University of Arizona, 2007
BA, Business Administration, Utah State University, 2002
Dr. Kelly Fadel is a Professor in the Data Analytics & Information Systems Department in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University. He received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from USU (2002) and his PhD in information systems from the University of Arizona (2007). His research focuses on cognitive and behavioral aspects of information systems use and decision making, including information systems training and adaptation, knowledge management, and neurocognitive aspects of information processing. His research has been published in top quality academic journals such as Information Systems Research, Journal of Management Information Systems, and Journal of Computer Information Systems, among others. Dr. Fadel is passionate about research and teaching, and has been recognized twice as the DAIS Department researcher of the year and three times as the MIS Department teacher of the year. Outside of work, Dr. Fadel loves spending time outdoors and enjoying all that Cache Valley has to offer. He and his wife Amy are the proud parents of four great kids.
Notable Faculty Research (Huntsman Alumni Magazine - Fall 2013)
- Durcikova, A., Fadel, K., (2016). Knowledge Sourcing from Repositories: The Role of System Characteristics and Psychological Climate. Information and Management, 53:1, 64-78.
- Fadel, K., Meservy, T.O, Jensen, M.L, (2015). Exploring Knowledge Filtering Processes in Electronic Networks of Practice. Journal of Management Information Systems, 31:4, 158-181.
- Fadel, K., Durcikova, A., (2014). If It’s Fair, I’ll Share: The Effect of Knowledge Validation Justice on Contributions to a Knowledge Repository. Information and Management, 51:5, 511-519.
- Meservy, T.O, Jensen, M.K, Fadel, K., (2014). Evaluation of Competing Candidate Solutions in Electronic Networks of Practice. Information Systems Research, 25:1, 15-34.
- Bell, C.C, Mills, R.J, Fadel, K., (2013). An Analysis of Undergraduate Information Systems Curricula: Adoption of the IS 2010 Curriculum Guidelines. Communications of the AIS, 32:2, 73-94.
- Mills, R.J, Forsgren, N., Fadel, K., Bell, C.C, (2012). Examining IS Curriculum Profiles and the IS 2010 Model Curriculum Guidelines in AACSB-Accredited Schools. Journal of Information Systems Education, 23:4, 417-428.
- Fadel, K., (2012). The Role of Appraisal in Adapting to Information Systems. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, 24:4, 18-40.
- Fadel, K., (2012). User Adaptation and Infusion of Information Systems. Journal of Computer Information Systems, 52:3, 1-10.
- Mills, R.J, Fadel, K., (2012). E-Learning as a Career Path in Information Systems Curricula: A Blue Ocean Opportunity. American Journal of Business Education, 5:2, 103-113.
- Durcikova, A., Fadel, K., Butler, B., Galletta, D.F, (2011). Knowledge Exploration and Exploitation: The Impacts of Psychological Climate and Knowledge Management System Access . Information Systems Research, 22:4, 855-866.
- Fadel, K., Brown, S.A, (2010). Information Systems Appraisal and Coping: The Role of User Perceptions. Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 26:1, 107-126.
- Hauser, K., Olsen, D., Fadel, K., (2010). An integrated approach to teaching Web Development . Review of Business Information Systems, 14:1, 43-59.
- Fadel, K., Durcikova, A., Cha, H.S, (2009). Information Influence in Mediated Knowledge Transfer: An Experimental Test of Elaboration Likelihood. International Journal of Knowledge Management, 5:4, 26-42.
- Fadel, K., Olsen, D., Hauser, K., (2009). CRUD on the Web - Pedagogical Modules for Web-Based Data Access. Review of Business Information Systems, 13:1, 41-63.
- Fadel, K., Brown, S.A, Tanniru, M., (2008). A Theoretical Framework for Knowledge Transfer in Process Redesign. The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, 39:3, 21-40.
- Fadel, K., Durcikova, A., Cha, H.S, (2011). An Experiment of Information Influence in Mediated Knowledge Transfer: Global Aspects and Cultural Perspectives on Knowledge Management: Emerging Dimensions. IGI Global
- Fadel, K., Bromberg, L., (2009). Implementing Healthcare IT: Lessons Learned from a Large-Scale EMR Implementation. MIS Quarterly Executive Workshop
- Fadel, K., Tanniru, M., Weisband, S.P, (2006). Understanding Process Knowledge Change in Enterprise System Implementation: A Framework and Case Study. Workshop on Enterprise Systems Research in MIS (2006)
- Weisband, S.P, Fadel, K., Mattarelli, E., (2006). The Development of a Role-Playing Simulation to Investigate Coordination of an OR Master Schedule. International Meeting on Medical Simulation (IMMS 2006)
- Weisband, S.P, Fadel, K., Mattarelli, E., (2005). A Study of Operating Room Trajectories and Interruptions using a Role-Playing Simluation. Organizations and Society in Information Systems (OASIS 2005)
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.