- Data Analytics and Information Systems
Ph.D., Management Information Systems, University of Arizona, 1993
MBA, College of William and Mary, 1981
BA, Education, 1977
Work in distributed environments, global virtual teams, integration of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) into work practices
Faculty Service Award - 2018
Katherine M. Chudoba is an Associate Professor of DAIS at Utah State University. Dr. Chudoba's research interests focus on the nature of work in distributed environments, and how Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) are used and integrated into work practices. Her research has been published in journals such as MIS Quarterly, Organization Science, and Journal of the Association of Information Systems (JAIS), and has been supported with research grants from Intel Corporation and Xerox. Dr. Chudoba is active in professional groups and conferences, and has presented her research to both academic and practitioner audiences. She earned her Ph.D. at the University of Arizona, and her bachelor's degree and MBA at the College of William and Mary. She has held prior academic appointments at the University of Virginia and Florida State University. Prior to joining academe, she worked for eight years as an analyst and manager with IBM.
Teaching & Research (Huntsman Alumni Magazine - Summer 2017)
- Windeler, J., Chudoba, K., Zhang, R., (2017). Getting away from them all: Managing exhaustion from social interaction with telework. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 38:7
- Mills, R.J, Chudoba, K., Olsen, D., (2016). IS Programs responding to industry demands for data scientists: A comparison between 2011-2016. Journal of Information Systems Education, 27:2, 131-140.
- Crowston, K., Specht, A., Hoover, C., Chudoba, K., Watson-Manheim, M., (2015). Perceived discontinuities and continuities in transdisciplinary scientific working groups. Science of the Total Environment534, 159-172.
- Carter, P., Thatcher, J., Marett, L.K, Chudoba, K., (2012). Post-Acceptance Intentions and Behavior: An Empirical Investigation of Information Technology Use and Innovation. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, 24:1, 1-20.
- Watson-Manheim, M., Chudoba, K., Crowston, K., (2012). Perceived discontinuities and constructed continuities in virtual work . Information Systems Journal, 22:1, 29-52.
- Chudoba, K., Watson-Manheim, M., Crowston, K., Lee, C., (2011). Participation in ICT-Enabled Meetings. Journal of Organizational and End User Computing, 23:2, 15-36.
- Hauser, K., Sigurdsson, H.S, Chudoba, K., (2010). An Event-Driven Service-Oriented Architecture Model for Enterprise Applications. International Journal of Management & Information Systems
- Chudoba, K., Hauser, K., Olsen, D., (2010). Teaching Tools for Data Analysis . International Journal of Management & Information Systems, 14:3
- Ahuja, M., Chudoba, K., Kacmar, C., McKnight, H., George, J., (2007). IT Road Warriors: Understanding the Role of Work-Family Conflict, Autonomy and Work Overload on Turnover Intention. MIS Quarterly, 31:1, 1-17.
- Dickey, M., Burnett, G., Chudoba, K., Kazmer, M., (2007). Do you read me? Perspective Making and Perspective Taking in Chat Communications. Journal of the Association of Information Systems, 8:1, 47-70.
- Dickey, M., Wasko, M., Chudoba, K., Thatcher, J., (2006). Do you know what I know? Interpreting Text in Distributed Work Environments. Journal of Computer-mediated Communication, 12:1
- Lu, M., Watson-Manheim, M.B, Chudoba, K., Wynn, E., (2006). How Does Virtuality Affect Team Performance in a Global Organization? Understanding the Impact of Variety of Practices. Journal of Global Information Technology Management , 9:1, 4-23.
- Chudoba, K., Wynn, E., Lu, M., Watson-Manheim, M.B, (2005). How Virtual are We? Measuring Virtuality in a Global Organization. Information Systems Journal, 15, 279-306.
- Burnett, G., Dickey, M., Kazmer, M., Chudoba, K., (2003). Inscription and Interpretation of Text: A Cultural Hermeneutic Examination of Virtual Community. Information Research, 9:1, 162.
- Watson-Manheim, M.B, Chudoba, K., Crowston, K., (2002). Discontinuities and Continuities: A New Way to Understand Virtual Work. Information Technology & People, 15:3, 191-209.
- Maznevski, M., Chudoba, K., (2000). Bridging Space over Time: Global Virtual Team Dynamics and Effectiveness. Organization Science, 11:5, 473-492.
- Chudoba, K., (1999). Appropriations and Patterns in the Use of Group Support Systems. The Data Base for Advances in IS, 30:3 & 4, 131-148.
- Winter, S., Chudoba, K., Gutek, B., (1998). Attitudes Toward Computers: When Do They Predict Computer Use. Information & Management, 34:5, 275-284.
- Winter, S., Chudoba, K., Gutek, B., (1997). Misplaced Resources? Factors Associated with Computer Literacy Among End-Users. Information & Management, 32, 29-42.
- Chudoba, K., Watson-Manheim, M., (2008). Shared Communication Practices and Mental Models in the Virtual Work Environment. In Niki Panteli & Mike Chiasson (Eds.), Exploring Virtuality: Social, Global, and Local Dimension, Palgrave Macmillan *
- Chudoba, K., Watson-Manheim, M., (2007). Exploring the Virtual Work Environment: A Process Perspective. In Angel Salazar and Steven Sawyer (Eds.), Handbook of Information Technology in Organisations and Electronic Markets, World Scientific Publishing
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.