- Data Analytics and Information Systems
- Master of Science in Financial Economics
Contact InformationEccles Business Building 512
Ph.D., Finance, University of Arizona, 2010 Emphasis: Econometrics
MS, Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, 2004
BS, Economics, Brigham Young University, 2000
Graduate Research Mentor of the Year - 2013
Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year - 2012
Dr. Tyler J. Brough is an Associate Professor of Finance in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business at Utah State University. Dr. Brough earned a PhD in Finance at the University of Arizona in 2010, an MS in Finance at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign in 2004, and a BS in Economics at Brigham Young University in 2000. He teaches business statistics in the Huntsman Scholars Program to undergraduates, and Derivatives Markets, Computational Methods, and Financial Econometrics to graduate students in the MSFE and MDATA programs. His research interests are in empirical market microstructure, applied econometrics, and computational methods.
My Favorite Professor: Tyler Brough (The Huntsman Post - Fall 2013)
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, Griffith, T., (2017). Bank Opacity and the Efficiency of Stock Prices. Journal of Banking and Finance, 76, 32-47.
- Blau, B., Brough, T., (2015). Analyzing the Substitutability of Short Sales and Put-Call Ratios. Review of Derivatives Research, 18, 51-73.
- Brough, T., (2014). An Examination of Short-Selling Activity Surrounding Auditor Changes. Journal of Accounting, Auditing, and Finance
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, (2014). Short Sales and Options Listing Decisions. Financial Management, 43, 703-724.
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, Thomas, D.W, (2014). Economic Freedom and the Stability of Stock Prices: A Cross-Country Analysis. Journal of International Money and Finance, 41, 182-196.
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, Stephens, N., Smith, J.L, (2013). Short Sales and Auditor Dismissals. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, 28, 348-368.
- Blau, B., Brough, T., Thomas, D., (2013). Corporate Lobbying, Political Connections, and the Bailout of Banks. Journal of Banking and Finance, 37:8, 3007–3017.
- Blau, B., Alldredge, D.M, Brough, T.J, (2012). After Hours Short Selling. Journal of Economics and Business, 64, 439-451.
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, (2012). Concentrated Short-Selling Activity: Bear Raids or Contrarian Trading?. International Journal of Managerial Finance
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, (2012). Short Sales, Stealth Trading, and the Suspension of Price Tests. Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, 52, 38-48.
- Blau, B., Brough, T.J, (2011). Is the Trading of ETFs a Bearish Signal. Journal of Trading, 6, 32-40.
- Simmons, R., Yonk, R., Brough, T., Fishbeck, J., (2015). Renewable Portfolio Standard Series. Institute of Political Economy
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.