This week’s speaker is Amy Rees Anderson, the Managing Partner of REES Capital, an angel Investing Firm and the founder of the IPOP Foundation, a charity focused on promoting entrepreneurship as a pathway to self-reliance. Amy is also an author and serves as a contributor to Forbes and the Huffington Post. She currently serves on 13 Boards.
Previously Amy was the CEO of MediConnect Global, a healthcare technology company she grew and sold in 2012 for over $377 million. She has been the recipient of a number of prestigious awards, which include being named CEO of the Year and receiving the prestigious Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. In 2015 Amy received an honorary PhD.
Panel Discussion/Presentation | Focused Friday
Indra Nooyi is the former CEO and Chairwoman of the Board of PepsiCo. She has consistently ranked among the world's 100 most powerful women. In 2014, she was ranked at number 13 on the Forbes list of The World's 100 Most Powerful Women and was ranked the 2nd most powerful woman on the Fortune list in 2015. She currently serves on the boards of Amazon and the International Cricket Council.
Women’s distinctive strengths and behaviors provide them with many advantages. Yet the very habits that help them early in their careers can hold them back as they seek to rise. In this virtual seminar, Sally Helgesen draws on her work with legendary executive coach Marshall Goldsmith to help women identify and address the habits most likely to get in their way as they seek to move to a higher level. Using vivid real-life examples that resonate and inspire, Sally helps participants:
- Identify how specific habits may hinder them as they move to a higher level.
- Initiate simple behavioral changes that can smooth their path going forward.
- Hold themselves accountable for changes that can benefit them and their organizations.
- Become a more powerful resource for other women seeking to rise.
Participants will come away from this forum with an enhanced understanding of their individual strengths, an actionable template for identifying and addressing challenges going forward, a proven means for enlisting support, and tools for enhancing their visibility and connections.
Registration required to attend.
This week’s speaker is Crystal Maggelet who began her entrepreneurial pursuit in 1993 when she founded Crystal Inn Hotels and Suites. In 1994 she and her husband, Chuck, founded MacCall Management, L.L.C. which develops and manages hotels. In 2009, Crystal became the President and CEO of FJ Management, a company founded by her father, Jay Call, and formerly known as Flying J, Inc. Today, FJ Management’s wholly-owned subsidiaries include Maverik, a 270 c-store chain, Big West Oil, a petroleum refinery, and TAB, an industrial loan bank.
Crystal graduated with honors with a B.S. in Business Administration from Pepperdine University and holds an MBA from Harvard Business School. Recently, Utah State University awarded Crystal an Honorary Doctorate degree in Business. She currently serves on the National Advisory Board of the Huntsman School. She loves her role as a mother of her four children and spending time with her family and friends. Her favorite activities include running, skiing, and traveling.
Join us to hear Aggie Alums, Sam and Kacie Malouf, share their incredible story founding a global manufacturing and retail business while fueling their passion to help others through the Malouf Foundation.
This week’s speaker is Tyler Tolson, who is the founder of Denik, a company that features artwork from across the globe on notebooks to generate funds for building schools in impoverished countries. He started the company in 2011 as a full-time student at Utah State University and now works with brands such as Nordstrom, Urban Outfitters, Nike, Quiksilver, Roxy, TOMS Shoes, and Nickelodeon. Denik recently finished the construction of a school in Mali Africa and is now raising funds for a school in Guatemala.
During his time at Utah State, Tyler served two consecutive years as Student Body President. He was one of three students worldwide to be named as “Young Emerging Leader” by the Leader to Leader Institute in New York. Tyler’s favorite things include watching TV with his wife, Nicole, wrestling with his kids, Norah and Henry, and supporting aggie athletics.
Panel Discussion/Presentation | Focused Friday
Join us for a conversation with Former United States Congresswoman Mia Love, and Huntsman School Associate Dean Dave Patel, for a conversation about leadership in business, politics, and public service.
The Utah Women & Leadership Project invites you to join us for our fourth Fall Women’s Leadership Forum.
More than ever before, our emotional health as women is critical to being able to not just “get through” or “endure” the responsibilities of a myriad of life roles but be able to flourish and thrive. Challenges related to things like stress, exhaustion, perfectionism, depression, anxiety, and the feeling of not being “good enough” can halt your positive growth and development. Dr. Susan R. Madsen, founder of the Utah Women & Leadership Project, will moderate a lively and engaging panel of therapists, authors, and experts on this topic. Julie Hanks, Tiffany Roe, and Melanie Davis will discuss the overall components of emotional wellbeing, trends in women’s mental health, and many of the top challenges that women are facing today. They will share their professional insights on top strategies and tools that can help women move from enduring to thriving. We will integrate questions from the audience as well. All are welcome!
This week we will be holding our annual “Shark Tank Night”. A panel of 5 “sharks” will be judging students as they pitch their business ideas and the sharks will be awarding prize money to the businesses they deem to have the most potential.
The panel of 5 sharks will consist of:
Justin and Leslie Haskell - Founders of Maximum Senior Benefits
Marissa Barlow – Co-Founder of Nani Swimwear
Kyle Ivins – CMO and Co-Founder of Monumetric
Nathan Putnam – CEO and Co-Founder of Monumetric
Panel Discussion/Presentation | Career Exploration Trips
Panel on how to navigate the transition – managing co-worker relations, networking, and more!
COME READY TO BUILD YOUR NETWORK!
Free LinkedIn profile pictures after the event!
We’ll be giving away over $1,000 worth of prizes!
- All Types
- Academic Calendar (328)
- Information/Orientation (34)
- Panel Discussion/Presentation (31)
- Student Activities (21)
- Meeting (5)
- Social/Networking (5)
- Special Event (4)
- Workshop/Training (4)
- Celebration/Fair/Festival (3)
- Ceremony/Awards (3)
- Arts/Entertainment (0)
- Conference/Seminar (0)
- Cultural (0)
- Date/Deadline (0)
- Exhibition (0)
- Fundraiser (0)
- Lecture/Readings (0)
- Breakfast/Luncheon/Dinner (0)
- Reception/Reunion (0)
- Recreation (0)
- Sports (0)
- More Types
- All Audiences
- Students (11)
- Alumni (6)
- Faculty (6)
- Staff (6)
- General Public (2)
- Parents (0)
- Invitation only (0)
- All Departments
- Jon M. Huntsman School of Business (31)
- Utah Women & Leadership Project (10)
- Entrepreneurship Center (4)
- Women in Business Association (1)
- Association for Information Systems (AIS) (0)
- Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) (0)
- BI Group (0)
- Business Council (0)
- Computational Finance Research Lab (0)
- Covey Leadership Center (0)
- Economics and Finance Department (0)
- Entrepreneurship Club (0)
- Finance and Economics Club (0)
- Financial Planning Association (FPA) (0)
- FJ Management Center for Student Success (0)
- Global Learning Experience (0)
- Healthcare Administration Club (HAC) (0)
- Huntsman Marketing Association (0)
- Huntsman Scholars (0)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA) (0)
- Investment Banking Club (0)
- International Business Club (0)
- Management Department (0)
- Data Analytics & Information Systems Department (0)
- Marketing and Strategy Department (0)
- Master in Human Resources (MHR) (0)
- Master of Accounting (MAcc) (0)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) (0)
- Master of Business Administration Association (MBAA) (0)
- Master of Management Information Systems (MMIS) (0)
- Master of Science in Economics (MSE) (0)
- Master of Financial Economics (MFE) (0)
- Phi Beta Lambda (PBL) (0)
- Pro-Sales (0)
- Real Estate Association (0)
- School of Accountancy (0)
- Shingo Institute Student Chapter (0)
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) (0)
- USU Distributive Education Clubs of America Chapter (DECA) (0)
- USU Pre-Law Society (0)
- Sales Club (0)
- More Departments
- Utah State University (0)