Marketing is an extremely valuable interdisciplinary career path that contains some of the most sought after skills and positions in the world of business. Within the socioeconomic and political environment, the marketer plans, prices, promotes, and distributes goods and services. In short, the modern marketer seeks to understand and influence buyer and seller behavior. A marketing degree can open many doors in a wide range of industries including advertising, media, and sales activities. Typically, marketing positions are highly sought after by individuals who consider themselves creative and/or analytical.
Students with a degree in marketing often pursue the following career paths:
- Marketing Strategist
- Investment Manager
- Public Relations Specialist
- Financial Services
- Strategic Sales & Account Management
- Global Marketing
- Purchasing & Procurement
- PR Accountant Executive
- Marketing Management
- Brand Management
- Media Planner
- Marketing Analytics
Companies That Have Hired Huntsman Marketing Students
Marketing Student Clubs
At the Huntsman School, we believe in empowering our students to own their education and their careers. Career development opportunities start from the first day at the Huntsman School and continue throughout one's professional life.
Our professional career coaches are equipped with all the tools necessary to help you with interview prep, professional networking, job searching, and so much more!
- Students will receive a BS by completing all required courses in their major. To receive a BA, students must also gain proficiency in one or more foreign languages.
To complete a degree in marketing, students must first meet the admission requirements for the degree and be admitted into the degree program. Admission Requirements and Policies
- University Studies Requirements (General Education and Depth Requirements): A group of “general” courses required for each student to fulfill in order to graduate. These courses teach a broad range of skills, knowledge, and values that prepare students for success in their majors and in their personal and professional lives after graduation. Most students complete their University Studies requirements by their junior year.
- Huntsman Core Requirements (Business Acumen): a group of entry level courses required for every Huntsman major. These courses ensure that each Huntsman student begins their business career with an understanding of fundamental business principles.
- Marketing Major Requirements: A group of upper-level courses required to fulfill a respective major. These courses teach skills specific to the area of study in order for students to become specialized in their chosen field.
When you declare a major and are admitted into a program, your major requirements are set and protected from changes. The date you are admitted into a program determines your catalog year and your set of requirements. The Major Requirement Sheets listed below match up with the requirements for each catalog year. Begin by selecting the requirement sheet that matches the catalog year you declared (or plan to declare) your major.
Requirement sheet (Effective Fall 2021)
Requirement sheet (Effective Fall 2020)
Requirement sheet (ONLINE - Effective Fall 2020)
Requirement sheet (Effective Fall 2019)
Requirement sheet (Effective Spring 2019)
Requirement sheet (Effective Summer 2018)
Requirement sheet (Effective Fall 2017)
Sample 4-Year Plan
The sample four-year plan below is designed to help students plan a course of study to complete their degree program in four years. The sample plan is subject to changed and will vary based on catalog year and course work already completed by each student (placement tests, AP/CLEP credit, transfer work, summer school, etc.).
The plan is an example of how students may plan their own course of study by taking 15 credits per semester, and interweaving of their General Education requirements with their major requirements, to finish in four years. It is important to remember that some GE and Major requirements overlap. If a course can be counted for both GE and the major, then students can take more electives to fulfill their overall degree credit requirements.
Statewide Campus Advising
Students pursuing a distance education major must contact the advisors at their specific location.
Students completing the online major option should contact the Logan Campus advisor as noted above.
- Logan Main Campus
- Statewide Campuses: Beaver, Bicknell, Blanding, Brigham City, Castle Dale, Cortez, Delta, Ephraim, Grantsville, Junction, Kanab, Moab, Montezuma Creek, Monticello, Monument Valley, Nephi, Panguitch, Park City, Richfield, Roosevelt (Uintah Basin), Tooele, Tremonton, USU Eastern (Price), Vernal (Uintah Basin), Wendover
- Snow College Campus: The Huntsman School of Business and Snow College have partnered to offer the Huntsman School Marketing Major at the Snow College Campus.
Online: The Huntsman Marketing Major is also available as a completely online major. For advising questions, students will still work with the Statewide campus they are physically closest to, unless they are out of state, and then they will work with Erin Bergeron or Lindsey Cazier.