Huntsman School Incoming Students Scholarship
The Huntsman Scholar Program Applicaiton is now Closed for 2017-18. If you have questions, please contact Kevin Green at email@example.com or 435.797.2362.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION (READ ALL)
This scholarship application is for incoming high school seniors interested in attending the Huntsman School of Business.
Through this one application, incoming high school seniors can be considered for the Enrollment Scholarship and can choose to be considered for the Huntsman Scholar Program (Business Honors). More information about the Huntsman Scholar Program is available at huntsman.usu.edu/scholars.
Enrollment Scholarship Application Information
Students who only complete the contact information, extracurricular activities, leadership experience and community service portion of the application will only be considered for the Enrollment Scholarship.
Huntsman Scholar Program Application Information
Students interested in applying for Huntsman Scholar Program must complete the additional application sections:
- Essay Questions:
- You have just reached your one millionth hit on your YouTube video. What is the video about? (250 word maximum)
- The founder of the Congregation of the Holy Cross described education as 'the art of helping young people to completeness.' How are you incomplete? (250 word maximum)
- In the interest of adventurous inquiry, pose and answer a question of your own. If your prompt is original and thoughtful, then you should have little trouble writing an essay. Draw on your best qualities as a writer, thinker, visionary, social critic, sage, citizen of the world, or future citizen of Utah State University; take a little risk and have fun. (500 word maximum)
- Provide contact information for three (3) recommendations (one (1) - service and two (2) academic)
QUALIFICATIONS TO APPLY
To be considered for Enrollment Scholarship and/or the Huntsman Scholar Program students must be accepted into the Huntsman School of Business through ONE of the following and declare a Huntsman School major on the USU Admissions Application:
- A declared Huntsman School major Huntsman School Admissions Details
- Meet ONE of the following:
- Top 10% of high school class
- 28+ ACT/1250+ SAT score
- 3.7+ High School GPA
- 3.5+ High School GPA AND 24+ ACT/1090+ SAT score (For accounting majors: 3.6+ High School GPA AND 26+ ACT/1170+ SAT)
- Evidence of leadership activities and university/community involvement.
- Enrollment Scholarship: $500 - $1,000
- Huntsman Scholar Program: $1,000 stipend + potential Enrollment Scholarship
Application Deadlines and Schedule
September 1, 2016 - Application available online
January 15, 2017 - Application due
February 24, 2017 – High School Candidate Interviews announced
March 18, 2017 - Interview Day
March 27, 2017 - Decision announced
firstname.lastname@example.org or 435.797.2906
Huntsman Scholar Program:
email@example.com or 435.797.2362