Those dreaded group projects do not end when you are awarded your diploma, which is arguably something to look forward to! You can learn a great deal from working with others in teams and other collaborative settings. So put that group project to work in strengthening this competency or select another challenge in its place. Your future colleagues and network will thank you! After all, the ability to "contribute to a team structure, balance roles of leading and following, and effectively negotiate and manage conflict" will come into play many times throughout your academic and professional career.
- Participate in a class project, presentation, or research. Upon completion of project/presentation, submit a brief paragraph explaining what the project was, and what your role was
- Submit a 1 page document addressing the importance of teamwork in the workplace
- Join a Club in the Huntsman School of Business
- Watch "How to Turn a Group of Strangers into a Team" (a Ted NYC Talk from Amy Edmonson)
- Organize a service project including 3+ people
- Watch Career Prep Workshop video on Teamwork and Collaboration (see below)
Once you have completed a challenge, submit your verification documentation.
The goal is to showcase your experience and skills in specific competency areas so select the verification form that is most relevant and helpful for you and the challenge/past experience you are articulating. You can use the following for verification: resume/cover Letter, elevator pitch, STAR interview response, or a reflection/summary.
Teamwork and Collaboration
Career Readiness Competency Information provided by NACE- National Association of Colleges and Employers