She's Daring Mighty Things
What We Are Doing Well
50% of our incoming Huntsman Scholar class are women. This means that we are giving more women the opportunity to gain mentorship opportunities, travel internationally, and compete for the top jobs out of the Huntsman School.
The Women in Business Association has 106 members, and even more participants in the club.
What We Are Focused on Improving
22% of our faculty are female. Last year, the Huntsman Family established an endowment chair position exclusively to help recruit female professors.
36% of Huntsman Graduates are female. 40% of our incoming Freshman class are female, up 8% from 2018 and in line with the national average. We are continually establishing more ways to help our women be successful at the Huntsman School.
How We Will Help YOU Succeed
- Kristyn Allred was hired in 2022 as the inaugural Director of She’s Daring Mighty Things. She can connect you with resources and opportunities at the Huntsman School. Kristyn.firstname.lastname@example.org , 434B Huntsman Hall
- Specialized Academic Advisor and Career Coach for your specific major to help you stand out in any job application process
- Dedicated Faculty who are committed to helping you Dare Mighty Things
- WIBA club, to help you support women in business as well as two new women-focused clubs, Women in Tech and Women in Finance
- Huntsman Scholars, providing mentorship to some of our brightest direct admit women
- The Center for Entrepreneurship, providing guidance and mentorship to those women who want to start their own companies
- Covey Leadership Fellows, providing leadership opportunities and experience to women
- Amy Rees Anderson Fellowship through the CGO, which gives women the opportunity to do research in their undergrad and get training from Amy Rees Anderson
The Huntsman School has brought me incredible opportunities that have strengthened my work ethic, built my confidence, and accelerated my growth as a student. I have had the honor to work along side dedicated professors and students that empowered me to reach my potential. While preparing me well for a my future career in the finance, The Huntsman School has also created an environment that feels like home and valued me.
As I began my college journey last year, I was blown away by the Huntsman’s dedication to the success of their students. The Huntsman School provides so many opportunities for students to learn how to Dare Mighty Things. Between the inspiration I receive from Focused Friday speakers, the confidence from heading service projects, and the amazing advice from my career advisor, I have my pick of internships this summer.
The Huntsman School gave me every single skill that I needed to be competitive in the industry. I was able to learn from professors who truly cared about the material, which instilled a passion within me to Dare Mighty Things. There are so many career development resources that I was able to utilize, which were ultimately the defining reason that I have been successful in my job search.
The Huntsman School motto of Dare Mighty things is something that I have incorporated in each of my semesters at Utah State. I have always been the person take a chance on opportunities that scare me because that means I will grow the most. I have been surrounded by fellow classmates, colleagues, and faculty who have encouraged and supported me through each mighty moment I’ve had. I’ve learned that the multiple failures lead to the most rewarding successes.