First-Time College Student
- April 1, 2020 for Fall 2020 entry
- Priority deadline (guaranteed review) is February 15, 2020
- Applying early is advantageous as scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis and the application will close once program is full
- By applying with the link below, your application will automatically be considered for Fall 2020 entry. Nevertheless, if you would like to be considered for Spring 2020 entry, please apply by December 1, 2019 and email firstname.lastname@example.org after submitting your application to request spring entry consideration.
In order for you to be accepted into our program, you must have at least one Jon M. Huntsman School of Business declared major on USU’s Logan campus before the start of the first term in which you would be applying to begin as a Huntsman Scholar.
To be directly admitted to the Huntsman School of Business, your advisor will screen for one of the following four requirements:
- You are in the top 10% of your high school class
- You have a minimum 3.7 high school GPA
- You have a minimum 28 ACT score (1310 SAT score)
- You have a minimum 3.5 high school GPA and a minimum 24 ACT score (1160 SAT score)
- For accounting majors this requirement changes to a minimum 3.6 high school GPA and a minimum 26 ACT score (1240 SAT score)
The application process takes a considerable amount of preparation. Please look through the entire application to understand what is required of you before you officially begin submitting it.
We recommend that you prepare the following items prior to beginning your application for submission:
- Leadership Involvement: You will be asked to provide details about how you have grown/developed leadership qualities throughout your involvement in extracurricular activities, service, and work/internship experiences. Please limit responses to 100 words or less for each section.
- Essay Question: Assume you are given $10,000 by the Huntsman Family as an investment in your education. Explain your return on their investment. (250 words or less)
- HireVue Video Interview: For your required video interview submission we are using a service called HireVue. You will need to be prepared to answer three questions using your computer or device so be sure you have both video and audio capabilities before starting. The system does a great job at giving you some practice questions and tutorials before you begin. Remember that you must submit both a HireVue Video Interview and an application (see below). Begin HireVue Video Interview
Please click the button below to begin your application. Once we receive your application submission along with your HireVue interview submission, we will begin our review of your application.