Apply for a Professional MBA
For specific professional cohort information including start dates and deadlines, please see the chart on the Program Locations page.
For more information about our prep courses, please see our Prep Course page.
- 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester (or 90 quarter) credits
- GMAT, GRE, or MAT test scores (all three tests are equally acceptable):
- www.mba.com, 40th percentile in quantitative and 40th percentile in the verbal
- www.ets.org/gre, 40th percentile in quantitative and 40th percentile in the verbal
- MAT, 40th percentile overall.
- The MBA Office has accepted the LSAT, DAT, or MCAT in lieu of the GMAT or GRE. Please contact our office for specific details.
- I have a good answer for WHY I want to get an MBA from Utah State.
- I have completed the MyEducator prep courses or have completed equivalent courses in my undergraduate degree. If not, please see #2.
MyEducator prep courses – start now!
- Our office would be happy to discuss your individual situation. Please feel free to contact us.
Note: It is not necessary that the prep courses be completed before you make application, but you will need to complete all prep coursework before you may start the upper-division material.
Fill out the online application (http://rgs.usu.edu/graduateschool/admissions).
- INCLUDE: The email addresses of three people who will be submitting a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Prospective students who have just graduated should submit two previous faculty member names.
- Prospective students who have been out of school for more than two years may submit three professional letters of recommendation.
- The names and email addresses of the recommenders are entered directly into the application. The School of Graduate Studies will email a link to a web-interface form where the letter of recommendation is submitted.
- INCLUDE: A one-page summary of career goals and objectives
- Please cut and paste this information into the essay portion of the online application
- Should you forget to put this with the application, you may email it to the Huntsman MBA Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- INCLUDE: GMAT, GRE, or MAT test percentiles (since the application only allows for a two-digit number)
- SUBMIT: Official scores to the School of Graduate Studies.
- An admission test is required of ALL applicants with the minimum score of the 40th percentile in the quantitative and verbal portions of the exam.
- Only the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam are reviewed. We do not review the analytical writing section.
- An application may be submitted before taking the GMAT, GRE, or MAT but we do not consider your application complete until your official scores have been submitted.
- All three tests are equally acceptable.
- SUBMIT: Application. You will pay the non-refundable $55 fee to the School of Graduate Studies to submit your application.
- SEND: Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Please email to Linda Sparrow (email@example.com) or mail to School of Graduate Studies, 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900.
- If you’ve ONLY attended USU, you do not need to send an official transcript. We will do that for you.
- SEND: Résumé (email to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Note: Applicants may check their application status after the application is submitted and the $55 fee is paid. I may take up to four business days for the Graduate School to process an application online. It is then sent to the MBA Office for review.
- English Language Scores (ONLY ONE REQUIRED)
- SUBMIT: TOEFL: 213 Computer / 79 Internet
- SUBMIT: IELTS score of 6.0 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale)
- SUBMIT: PTE Academic score of 53