How to Apply - 5th Year Program
The MMIS 5th Year program is equivalent to the traditional on-campus program but is designed specifically for USU undergraduate students who would like to get a head start on their masters degree. Qualifying students can begin their graduate coursework during their undergraduate years and complete their masters degree in as little as one additional year. Qualifying MIS undergraduate students who meet certain requirements (see below) may also apply for a GMAT/GRE waiver. Please step through the following phases to prepare to begin the internal application.
Phase 1: Determine Application Process
During their Junior year of their undergraduate degree, students should apply through the internal application available at the bottom of this webpage. For students who qualify for the GMAT/GRE waiver based on the below requirements, they will apply through the Fast-Track Application Process. Students who do not meet the GMAT/GRE waiver requirements will apply through our Standard-Track Application Process.
Fast-Track (qualifying MIS majors only):
GMAT/GRE waivers are available for Utah State University MIS undergrads who meet the following requirements:
- Minimum 3.75 GPA and B+ or better in three of the following four courses: MIS 2100, MIS 3300, MIS 3330 and MIS 3500 (or equivalent programming course).
- Minimum 3.5 GPA and B or better in four of the following five courses: MIS 2100, MIS 3300, MIS 3330, MIS 3500 (or equivalent programming course), and STAT 2300.
A score at or above the 40th percentile on both the quantitative and verbal sections of the GMAT or GRE graduate entrance exams and a undergraduate GPA above a 3.0.
Phase 2: Supplemental Items
Components needed to complete the internal application:
- General personal information
- USU unofficial transcript
- Updated resume
- Statement of Purpose
- Three letters of recommendation
Phase 3: Application Process
The MMIS 5th year application will be available by September 15, 2019.