How to Apply
We welcome prospective students to submit applications through the USU Graduate School. Applications are reviewed by the MMIS admissions committee once a month until the cohort is filled. Preference for a spring start is given to early, highly qualified applicants with a background in a similar field.
How to Qualify for an Application Fee Waiver
|Domestic Applicant||1 July||1 November|
|International Applicant||15 May||1 October|
- 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester (or 90 quarter) credits
- 45th percentile on both the quantitative and verbal portions of the GMAT www.mba.com or GRE www.ets.org/gre (both tests are equally acceptable)
- A good answer for WHY I want to get an MMIS from Utah State.
- *Completed the required prerequisite courses or approved equivalents.
* It is not necessary that the prerequisite courses are completed before you apply, but you will need to complete all of them before you may begin your MMIS coursework.
- Our office would be happy to discuss your individual situation. Please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- INCLUDE: The email addresses of three people who will be submitting a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
- Prospective students who have just graduated should submit two previous faculty member names.
- Prospective students who have been out of school for more than two years may submit three professional letters of recommendation.
- The names and email addresses of the recommenders are entered directly into the application. The School of Graduate Studies will email a link to a web-interface form where the letter of recommendation is submitted.
- Official GRE or GMAT scores
- SUBMIT: Official scores to the School of Graduate Studies.
- An admission test is required of ALL applicants with the minimum score of the 45th percentile in the quantitative and verbal portions of the exam.
- Only the quantitative and verbal sections of the exam are reviewed. We do not review the analytical writing section.
- An application may be submitted before taking the GMAT or GRE, but we do not consider your application complete until your official scores have been submitted.
- Both tests are equally acceptable.
- Official College Transcripts from all attended universities
- SUBMIT: Official scores to the School of Graduate Studies at 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900
- Statement of Purpose
- A one-page summary of career goals and objectives (submitted as a supplemental item after application fee has been paid)
- Certification of knowledge of a programming language. This certification can be one of the following:
- Certification of a programming language
- An unofficial transcript, if a programming course was taken in your undergraduate degree
- Screenshot of an online course that you will complete before you begin your MMIS coursework
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (International Students only)
- SUBMIT: The online application found at this link: http://rgs.usu.edu/graduateschool/admissions
- PAY: Non-refundable $55 application fee
- TAKE: GRE or GMAT and achieve a 45% in the quantitative and verbal portions of the exam
- Official scores of GRE or GMAT
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended.
- Please have your institution mail official copies to School of Graduate Studies, 0900 Old Main Hill, Logan, UT 84322-0900 or email official copies to Joan Rudd (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you’ve ONLY attended USU, you do not need to send an official transcript. We will do that for you.
- **SUBMIT: The following supplemental items:
- Statement of Purpose
- Verification of having completed a programming course in an object-oriented programming language (submitted as a supplemental item).
- VERIFY: That your three letters of recommendation have been submitted.
- WAIT: 5-7 business days for the MMIS acceptance committee to review your application
- RECEIVE: Official email of the decision made from the School of Graduate Studies
**Applicants may only submit their supplemental items after the application is submitted and the $55 fee is paid. It may take up to four business days for the School of Graduate Studies to process an application. Once all items have been submitted, the application is then sent to the MMIS Office for review.
- English Language Scores (ONLY ONE REQUIRED)
- SUBMIT: TOEFL: 213 Computer / 79 Internet
- SUBMIT: IELTS score of 6.0 (and a minimum score of 5 on each subscale)
- SUBMIT: PTE Academic score of 53
- Accept your acceptance offer by emailing email@example.com
- Sign and return your Letter of Intent (from acceptance packet)
- Email a headshot photo in professional dress to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet (or correspond through email) with the MMIS Advisor, Lindi Brown, to determine a Program of Study email@example.com
- Complete any prerequisites listed on your official acceptance letter. Reference the prerequisite course section of our website for more information
- Register for classes
- Attend mandatory orientation during the first week of the semester
You are welcome to reapply, but you may be asked to fix a deficiency. For example, if your GRE verbal was too low, you could retake the exam for a higher score. It is suggested that you contact firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that you plan on fixing the deficiency as quickly as possible.