Student Perceptions of Teachers’ Nonverbal and Verbal Communication: A Comparison of Best and Worst Professors across Six Cultures
This study focuses on students from six countries and what forms of communication they have perceived as efficient and non-efficient when pertaining to professors.
- Across cultures the best professors were perceived to have the following:
- More nonverbal expressiveness
- Relaxed movement
- In-class conversation
- Out of class communication
- What, as students, is percieved as the most effective way to communicate for professors?
- What other expcetations do students have for their professors and how can these be implemented in the classroom?