Riding the RV Revolution, Outdoorsy Fuels Up with $50 Million in Fresh Funding
Original Content Publication Date: 01/15/2019
With more millennials traveling the country, trends suggest they would rather stay at the places they visit instead of hotels or Airbnb's. Outdoorsy, a company that connects customers with rarely-used RVs and other vans big enough to camp in, is quickly gaining traction in the market. After just three years, it has raised a total of $81.5 million and managed 31,000 vehicles. Now plans for international expansion, vacation financing and travel insurance make Outdoorsy an up-and-coming startup.
- Successful startup, Outdoorsy, is leading the market with $81.5 million raised and 31,000 vehicles managed
- Outdoorsy sees potential opportunities of international expansion into Europe, New Zealand and Australia
- Through investor partnerships, Outdoorsy provides insurance and hopes to add other premium services
- Where do you expect Outdoorsy to be in 5 years if they expand internationally?
- Do you see any pros or cons of Outdoorsy determining the prices of each vehicle rental instead of the owners?
- If you were hired by Outdoorsy as a consultant, what suggestions would you have for their business strategy?