Regulatory Demands for Better Data Governance Push Collibra’s Valuation Above $1 Billion
Data management company, Collibra, just received $100M in funding from investors like Google to add products and push sales and marketing. Since the GDPR, companies like Facebook and Google need someone to help ensure they stay within the law when it comes to gathering such data. Now Collibra hopes to couple their data management with the resources offered by Google and its parent company, Alphabet, to further their success.
- Collibra is one of many data management companies that help businesses manage the data they collect correctly
- The demand for companies like these are at an all-time high
- Collibra is valued at about $1B and only sees itself growing in the coming years
- Why do you think Collibra has been so successful in the recent past?
- If Collibra is valued at $1B on its own, why would they partner with Alphabet and Iconiq?