Plants Power New Products In PepsiCo's Accelerator Program
Global company PepsiCo is expanding their Nutrition Greenhouse accelerator program by selecting 10 startup companies from the US and Canada to participate in a competition used to identify the next generation of healthy food innovators and determine which products are most in demand. Each company is given $20,000 for the competition and paired with a mentor from PepsiCo. The winner receives $100,000 and in turn, PepsiCo gains valuable insight into what the next popular products will be.
- Health and wellness have long been key topics and goals in PepsiCo's sustainability reports and are the motives behind their accelerator program
- The company plans to use the programs to maintain the first insight on the big trends in food and nutrition
- The criteria for the competition don't specify that the products in the competition must be plant-based, but instead the company is seeking startups and growth-stage companies focused on nutrition and wellness, with products that are market-ready
1. What are the benefits for PepsiCo in this program?
2. What are other industries that can mimic the Accelerator Program?
3. What are the benefits for startups?