Plants Power New Products In PepsiCo's Accelerator Program
Original Content Publication Date: 09/11/2018
Global company PepsiCo is expanding their Nutrition Greenhouse accelerator program by selecting 10 startup companies from the US and Canada to participate in a competition used to identify the next generation of healthy food innovators and determine which products are most in demand. Each company is given $20,000 for the competition and paired with a mentor from PepsiCo. The winner receives $100,000 and in turn, PepsiCo gains valuable insight into what the next popular products will be.
- Health and wellness have long been key topics and goals in PepsiCo's sustainability reports and are the motives behind their accelerator program
- The company plans to use the programs to maintain the first insight on the big trends in food and nutrition
- The criteria for the competition don't specify that the products in the competition must be plant-based, but instead the company is seeking startups and growth-stage companies focused on nutrition and wellness, with products that are market-ready
1. What are the benefits for PepsiCo in this program?
2. What are other industries that can mimic the Accelerator Program?
3. What are the benefits for startups?