Our failing schools. Enough is enough!
Original Content Publication Date: 05/07/2013
Geoffrey Canada asks for a change in the school system, stating, "Why does our education system look so similar to the way it did 50 years ago? Millions of students were failing then, as they are now -- and it's because we're clinging to a business model that clearly doesn't work. Education advocate Geoffrey Canada dares the system to look at the data, think about the customers and make systematic shifts in order to help greater numbers of kids excel."
- Technology has changed drastically over the last decade
- Education methods have changed very little over the last decade
- Poor student performance should dictate the need for a change in performance
- Teaching methods that didn’t work the previous year are still used the following year
- Why do schools use the same teaching methods year after year, allowing students to fail, year after year?
- What would happen if we demanded same changes with education as we do with technology?