NumberAI Raises $10.5 Million to Add Texting Intelligence to Business Landlines
Original Content Publication Date: 01/28/2019
NumberAI's software, Numa, is making landlines cool again by allowing businesses to automatically text customers back, gather data, and receive recommendations for change. The startup has recently raised $10.5M to grow the product and engineering teams since customers send nearly 55B texts to businesses a year and 89% of customers prefer text to calling or email. The product can automate texts based on FAQs, take orders, and direct incoming leads.
- NumberAI's cutting-edge tech allows customers to text business' landlines and the landlines to text back automatically
- The software learns from customer-business interaction, accepts text orders, and gathers data to improve the business
- The startup has raised $10.5M to grow its product and engineering teams backed by investors like Google's Gradient Ventures
- Does it sound like NumberAI has just "reinvented the wheel" or created a profitable product?
- If you were on the NumberAI team, how would you market a product like this?