Lectures - Eberly Center for Teaching Excellence & Educational Innovation
This web page provides instruction and tips on how to make lectures an effective tool for student learning. Each of the following four areas are addressed:
- Structuring your lecture.
- Grabbing and holding students' attention.
- Building interactivity into the lecture.
- Delivering your lecture.
- Student attention varies in predictable ways throughout lectures
- There are many tools that can be used to increase attentiveness and retention