Jeff Bezos: When you find a business opportunity with these traits, ‘don’t just swipe right, get married’
Original Content Publication Date: 09/14/2018
Jeff Bezos shares 4 traits to look for in a successful company; “Customers love it, it can grow to very large size, it has strong returns on capital, and it is durable in time”.
- Customers have to love your product, Amazon has done this by asking what their customer's needs are
- You know you have a great company if it can grow in size. Amazon went from an online bookstore to selling virtually any products
- The company has to have returns on capital
- The company has to stand the test of time. Bezos makes decisions based on the future rather than the present
- What is the advantage of being customer-focused rather than competitor-focused?
- What are other traits that you would associate with having a good company?
- Of the four factors, which would you consider to be the most important?