How This Entrepreneur Bounced Back After Losing a Partnership, Laying Off Her Team and Dealing With $100 Million at Stake
Original Content Publication Date: 12/06/2018
As an entrepreneur, Kate Stillwell hit multiple roadblocks when launching her startup, Jumpstart, which helps speed up insurance payments after a disaster. When only 8 days before their launch their biggest partnership fell through and $100 million was at stake, Stillwell says they'd "fallen off a cliff, but didn't die." In this article, Stillwell elaborates on the details of her comeback and eventual launch of her company.
- In tough and unexpected entrepreneurial situations, there's no other choice but to be optimistic
- The test of being a true entrepreneur is having the courage to be positive in the face of setbacks and shocks
- Always make business decisions assuming the best, but always have a backup plan as well
- What can entrepreneurs do initially to prepare themselves for possible future setbacks?
- Why is it so important to always have one or more backup plans when preparing to launch a business?