General Mills Adds More Leave For New Moms And Other Parents
Original Content Publication Date: 08/29/2018
General Mills is following the industry trend by adding more paid time off for new parents. Parents will be able to take 12 weeks off with mothers being able to take an additional 6-8 weeks off after having a baby. Companies such as Unilever and Kellogg have already made the changes of their maternity and paternity leaves last year.
- Starting next year, General Mill employees will be able to take 12 weeks off after having a baby
- Mothers will be able to take an additional 6-8 weeks off
- Other major companies in the same industry have already made the move to having a longer maternity leave
- How do you think change of the maternity/paternity leave will change retention?
- How do you think change of the maternity/paternity leave will change recruitment?
- Should other companies in the industry have the same policies? Why or why not?