Facebook’s Secret to Recruiting and Retention Success
Facebook was voted as the #1 place to work by Glassdoor in 2018. In this video, the VP of HR and Director of HR Recruitment share why that is. (Length 40.02 minutes)
- Candidate experience is key
- Structured interviews are more accountable
- Once people are in the company they feel like they are part of a community
- Address hard HR issues head on
- Facebook uses machine learning to help shrink candidate pools but people will always be needed for face to face interviews
- They ensure that people are in a position that utilizes their strengths and that helps them determine if employees will leave
- Mission drives employees more than anything else
- Managers are really supporters, not managers
- Perks are to help employees with their daily lives so they can focus on their work
- Facebook uses exit interviews but they try to predict people's reason for leaving before they conduct the interview and have discovered that the number one reason for leaving a job among their emlployees is that they simply are not enjoying the work anymore
- What stood out to you as something interesting about Facebook's HR?
- What do you think Facebook will need to do to stay in the #1 position for best place to work in Glassdoor?
- What are some principles that other companies can easily adopt from Facebook and inlude in their own company?