Extraordinary Math Teaching (video)
Original Content Publication Date: 02/17/2016
In this video, Dan Finkel talks about how to help your students by not simply giving them the answers. He provides 5 principles that will invite thinking from specifically math students in this particular video, but the principles can apply to any number of other subjects.
- Principle 1: Start with a question (3:10-5:00)
- Principle 2: Students need time to struggle (5:05-6:45)
- Principle 3: You are not the answer key (6:50-9:07)
- Principle 4: Say yes to your students’ ideas (9:10- 12:45)
- Principle 5: Play (12:50-14:00)