Everything you need to know about the Fourth Industrial Revolution
Original Content Publication Date: 01/17/2019
When telephones were first invented, it took almost 75 years for 100 million people to gain access to one. In 2016, it took less than one month to hook that same amount of people to the gaming app, "Pokémon Go". This is what analysts are calling the Fourth Industrial Revolution and it is blurring the lines between the physical, digital and biological spheres. Technologies like artificial intelligence and autonomous vehicles are merging with humans' physical lives.
- A combination of new artificial technologies are changing the way we live, work and interact
- Digital technology is so intertwined with many of our businesses, as well as our social and economic lives, that trying to separate "tech" and "non-tech" is becoming increasingly redundant
- Studies show that technologies like artificial intelligence will eliminate some jobs, while creating demand for new jobs and skills
- What can companies do to innovate as we enter into the Fourth Industrial Revolution?
- Do you believe that workers and their jobs are at risk with the new industrial revolution? Why or why not?