Chick-fil-A is trying to get into your home
Original Content Publication Date: 08/22/2018
Chick-fil-A believes that people think about food the same way they think about shopping: why go to a store when you can order online? That is why the company is opening prototype restaurants devoted exclusively to fulfilling delivery and catering orders and they are miles ahead of the competition. With first-mover advantage in an online order and delivery food service and really strong brand loyalty, Chick-fil-A is set to change the future of fast food and move from the restaurant, into your living room.
- Chick-fil-A is deploying a number of innovations that put them ahead of the industry including testing out a meal kit service, streamlining their digital pick-up areas and using promotions for their mobile apps
- Because Chick-fil-A has such a strong brand loyalty, they are more comfortable testing out new theory’s knowing that even if they fail, people will not stop eating at Chick-fil-A
- The brand is already testing out these new concepts in Atlanta, Nashville and Louisville
1. Why is it easier for companies with stronger brand loyalty to make progressive innovative moves in the industry?
2. What long-term effects do you believe the new changes of order online/pick-up and delivery will have on the fast-food industry?