Amazon Is In The Oil Business And It Proves No Industry Is Amazon Proof
Original Content Publication Date: 09/14/2018
Amazon has entered the oil industry with the release of its Amazon Basics Synthetic Motor Oil and with only 6 months on the market, Amazon's oil brand is already receiving positive reviews from customers. Amazon's entry into the motor oil industry proves there is no industry that Amazon cannot enter.
- Retail and business analysts have always reported Amazon's entry into any market to have a detrimental effect on already established brands and the same is expected now for the oil industry
- Amazon strategically uses private labels to break into markets and grow within any industry by selling its private label products at a cheaper price than any other name brand
- There is a lot of potential for Amazon to gain more control over global retail sales in the Automotive Industry
- Thinking as a customer, why would you buy Amazon’s product over other traditional brands?
- What can companies do to make barriers against Amazon's entry into their industry?
- What would you suggest as the next move for traditional brands in the oil industry against Amazon's competition?