Management Information Systems Majors
MIS 4250-Management Information Systems (3 CREDITS)
Provides management information systems internship experience in a career related position approved by the department of Management Information Systems. No more than three credits can be applied to fulfill major requirements.
- Grade of C+ or better in MIS 3330, and MIS 3500 or CS 1400 and CS 1405, and advisor approval; admittance to a USU major, cumulative GPA of 2.67 or higher, completion of at least 40 credits
- Interns will receive a Pass or Fail grade based on work performance.
Internship Approval Process
- Find Internship
- Get signed offer letter from your employer (on letter head) and email a copy to the departmental internship coordinator.
- Offer Letter needs to contain the following information:
- Student's full name
- Supervisor's name, phone number, and email
- Location of internship
- Internship title
- Dates of internship
- Number of hours expected to work each week
- Distinguish if the internship is paid or volunteer
- Description of duties
- Include compensation (hourly/salary)
- The internship will then be reviewed by the departmental internship coordinator.
- You will receive an email notifying you if the internship is approved and if you are authorized to register for MIS 4250 for 3 credits.
- MIS 4250 is graded pass/fail
- You must register in the semester you are completing your internship
Internship Credit Table
|Credits Available||Paid Work Hours per Week||Paid Work Hours per Semester||Volunteer Work Hours per Week||Volunteer Work Hours per Semester|
Departmental Internship Coordinator:
David Paper, Professor
Location: Eccles Business Building 714
Office Phone: 435.797.2456