Management Information Systems Majors
IS 4250-Data Analytics and Information Systems Internship (3 CREDITS)
Provides management information systems internship experience in a career related position approved by the department of Management Information Systems. No more than three credits can be applied to fulfill major requirements.
For more information or to address questions about the process, contact the internship coordinator.
- DATA 3330
- DATA 3500
- Internship coordinator approval
- Interns will receive a Pass or Fail grade based on work performance.
Internship Approval Process
- Find Internship
- Get signed offer letter from your employer (on letter head)
- Send an email to the Departmental Internship Coordinator requesting a meeting to discuss your internship. This email should contain:
- A copy of your offer letter
- A document containing the following information:
- Student's full name
- Supervisor's name, phone number, and email
- Location of internship
- Internship title
- Dates of internship
- Number of hours expected to work each week
- Distinguish if the internship is paid or volunteer
- Description of duties
- Include compensation (hourly/salary)
- The internship will then be reviewed by the departmental internship coordinator.
- You will receive an email notifying you if the internship is approved and if you are authorized to register for IS 4250 for 3 credits.
- IS 4250 is graded pass/fail
- You must register in the semester you are completing your internship
Internship Credit Table
|Credits Available||Paid Work Hours per Week||Paid Work Hours per Semester||Volunteer Work Hours per Week||Volunteer Work Hours per Semester|
Departmental Internship Coordinator:
Lindsay Bennion, Lecturer
Location: Eccles Business Building 303
Office Phone: 435.797.4723