FIN 4250- Finance Internship
Provides finance internship experience in a career related position approved by the department of Economics and Finance. Course will not qualify as upper division FIN elective.
- Grade of B- or better in FIN 3400
- Internship coordinator approval
- Repeatable for credit
- Interns will receive a Pass or Fail grade based on work performance.
Internship Approval Process
- Find Internship
- Obtain a signed offer letter, on company letterhead, from the employer and provide a copy to the department internship coordinator.
- Offer Letter must contain the following information:
- Student's full name
- Student's A number
- Student's contact information
- Supervisor's name and contact information
- Internship location
- Internship title
- Dates of internship
- Number of hours expected to work each week
- Distinguish if the internship is paid or volunteer
- Description of duties
- The internship offer will be reviewed by a department committee.
- The student will receive an email notification of the approval/denial of the internship. The email will instruct the student to register for FIN 4250 for 1-9 credits. How to register for more than 1 credit in Banner.
- FIN 4250 is graded as pass/fail.
- The student must complete the internship during the semester of registration.
Internship Credit Table
The number of credits available depends on the hours spent working.
|Credits Available||Paid Work Hours per Week||Paid Work Hours per Semester||Volunteer Work Hours per Week||Volunteer Work Hours per Semester|
Departmental Internship Coordinator:
Ryan Whitby, Associate Professor
Location: Eccles Business Building 614
Office Phone: 435.797.9495