Associate Professor, MAcc Director and AdvisorDepartment(s):
- Master of Accounting
- School of Accountancy
Contact InformationEccles Business Building 803
Ph.D., Accounting, The University of Arizona, 2008
MS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2004
BS, Accounting, Brigham Young University, 2003
AA, General Studies, Weber State University, 2001
School of Accountancy Programs Ranked 34th and 37th by Public Accounting Report (The Huntsman Post - September 2013)
- Bills, K.L, Stephens, N., (2016). Spatial Competition at the Intersection of the Large and Small Audit Firm Markets. Auditing: A Journal of Practice & Theory, 35:1, 23-45.
- Warnick, B.J, Rodrigo, P., Albrecht, C., Stephens, N., (2014). Individual Scholar Productivity Rankings in Business Ethics Research. Innovar, 25:54, 183-198.
- Blau, B.M, Brough, T.J, Smith, J.L, Stephens, N., (2013). An examination of short-selling activity surrounding auditor changes. Journal of Accounting, Auditing & Finance, 28:4, 348-368.
- Kitching, K., Pevzner, M., Stephens, N., (2013). Comments by the Auditing Standards Committee of the Auditing Section of the American Accounting Association on the COSO Request for Comments on Internal Control over External Financial Reporting: Compendium of Approaches and Examples. Current Issues in Auditing, 7:1, C30-C33.
- Peaden, D., Stephens, N., (2013). Old Main Manufacturing: The Case of Unrecorded Sales Discounts. Issues in Accounting Education, 28:1, 173-179.
- Stephens, N., (2011). External Auditor Characteristics and Internal Control Reporting under SOX Section 302. Managerial Auditing Journal, 26:2, 114-129.
- Pickerd, J., Stephens, N., Summers, S.L, Wood, D.A, (2011). Individual Accounting Faculty Research Rankings by Topical Area and Methodology. Issues in Accounting Education, 26:3, 471-505.
- Stephens, N., Summers, S.L, Williams, B., Wood, D.A, (2011). Accounting Doctoral Program Rankings Based on Research Productivity of Program Graduates. Accounting Horizons, 25:1, 149-181.
- Malagueno, R., Albrecht, C., Ainge, C., Stephens, N., (2010). Accounting and Corruption: A Cross-Country Analysis. Journal of Money Laundering Control, 13:4, 372-393.
- Hansen, J., Stephens, N., Wood, D.A, (2009). Entity-Level Controls: The Internal Auditor's Assessment of Management Tone at the Top . Current Issues in Auditing, 3:1, 1-13.
- Shuman, F., Skousen, C., Stephens, N., (2013). Initial Reaction to the FASB Accounting Standards Codification. Today's CPA, 40:4, 23-25.
- Hermanson, D.R, Smith, J.L, Stephens, N., (2012). How Effective Are Organizations’ Internal Controls? Insights into Specific Internal Control Elements. Current Issues in Auditing, 6:1, A31-A50.
- Stephens, N., Smith, J.L, Bleazard, G., (2014). Interactive Auditing Cases. MyEducator, LLC *
- Stephens, N., Smith, J.L, Erickson, J., (2014). Introduction to Auditing and Assurance Services. MyEducator, LLC *
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.