- Data Analytics and Information Systems
Ph.D, Economics, Texas A&M University, 1987
BA, Economics, Weber State University, 1983 Minor: French
The Center for Entrepreneurial Excellence Founder's Board
Huntsman Professor John Johnson Teaches at Wharton (The Huntsman Post - February 2013)
Dean's Convocation - Wednesday, September 27, 2006
- Mills, R.J, Dupin-Bryant, P., Johnson, J., Beaulieu, T., (2016). Examining learning styles and perceived benefits of analogical problem construction on SQL knowledge acquisition. Journal of Information Systems Education, 26:3, 203-218.
- Quinn, T.S, Flesher, T.K, Johnson, J., Flesher, F.L, (2014). Neural Networks: An Interdisciplinary Tax Research Methodology. Journal of Accounting and Finance, 14:1, 51-74.
- Kim, Y., Tran, V., Johnson, J., (2013). Assesing the ripple effects of viral marketing among users on the social network with trust and distrust metrics. Expert Systems with Applications, 40:9, 3500-3511.
- Kim, Y., Lee, H., Johnson, J., (2013). Churn management optimization via sequential quadratic programming with controllable marketing variables and associated management costs. Expert Systems with Applications, 40:6, 2198-2207.
- James, T., Barkhi, R., Johnson, J., (2006). Platform Impact on Performance of Parallel genetic Algorithms: Design and Implementation Considerations. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence , 19:8, 843-856.
- Fish, K.E, Johnson, J., Dorsey , R.E, Blodgett, J.G, (2004). Using an Artificial Neural Network Trained with a Genetic Algorithm to Model Brand Share. Journal of Business Research, 57:1, 79-85.
- Li , X., Johnson, J., (2002). Evaluate IT investment opportunities using real options theory. Information Resources Management Journal, 15:3 , 32-47.
- Hwang, C.P, Alidaee, B., Johnson, J., (1999). A Tour Construction Heuristic for Traveling Salesman Problem. Journal of Operational Research Society, 50, 797-809.
- Sexton, R., Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., (1999). Beyond Backpropagation: Using Simulated Annealing for Global Optimization for Neural Networks. Journal of End User Computing, 11:3, 3-10.
- Sexton, R., Johnson, J., Dorsey, R.E, (1999). Optimization of Neural Networks: A Comparative Analysis of the Genetic Algorithm and Simulated Annealing. European Journal of Operational Research, 114:3, 589-601.
- Barney, D.K, Graves , O.F, Johnson, J., (1999). The farmers home administration and farm debt failure prediction. Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, 18:2, 99-139 .
- Sexton, R.S, Alidaee, B., Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., (1998). Global Optimization for Artificial Neural Networks: A Tabu Search Application. European Journal of Operational Research, 106 :2-3, 570-584.
- Sexton, R.S, Johnson, J., Dorsey, R.E, (1998). Toward Global Optimization of Neural Networks: A comparison of the Genetic Algorithm and Backpropagation. Decision Support Systems, 22:2, 171-186.
- Ball, J.F, Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., (1997). Non linear Optimization on a Parallel Intel i860 RISC Based Architecture. Computational Economics, 10:3 , 279-294.
- Morrison, J.R, Barnes, J.H, Johnson, J., Summers, K., Szeinbach, S.L, (1997). Predicting Total Health Care Costs of Medicaid Recipients: An Artificial Neural Systems Approach. Journal of Business Research, 40:3
- Morrison, J., Johnson, J., Summers, K., (1996). Predicting Treatment Costs Associated with the Use of Oral Cephalosporins by Medicaid Recipients: An Artificial Neural Systems Approach. Journal of Research in Pharmaceutical Economics, 7:3, 17-34.
- Caporaletti, L.E, Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., Powell, W.A, (1994). A decision support system for in-sample simultaneous equation systems forecasting using artificial neural systems . Decision Support Systems, 11:5
- Slottje, D.J, Johnson, J., (1993). Consumer Behavior and Changes in the Prices of Monetary Aggregates. Journal of Economic and Social Measurement, 19, 1-19.
- Johnson, J., (1991). On Inexpert Systems and Natural Intelligence in Military Operations Research: a Reply. INTERFACES, 21:4
- Slottje, D.J, Basmann, R.L, Hayes, K.J, Johnson, J., (1990). A General Functional Form for Approximating the Lorenz Curve. Journal of Econometrics, 43, 77-90.
- Hawley, D.D, Johnson, J., Raina, D., (1990). Artificial Neural Systems: A New Tool for Financial Management. Financial Analysts Journal
- Kitchens, F.L, Johnson, J., Gupta, J.N, (2002). Predicting Automobile Insurance Losses Using Artificial Neural Networks. Neural Networks in Business: Techniques and Apllications editied by Michael A Vine, Kate A Smith, and Jatinder N D Gupta
- Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., (1997). Evolution of Dynamic Reconfigurable Neural Networks: Energy Surface Optimality Using Genetic Algorithms. D.S. Levine, W.R. Elsberry (Eds.), Optimality in Biological and Artificial Networks
- Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., Mayer, W.J, (1994). A Genetic Algorithm for the Training of Feedforward Neural Networks. A.B. Whinston and J.D. Johnson, Editors, Advances in Artificial Intelligences in Economics, Finance and Management
- Johnson, J., Hawley, D.D, (1994). Artificial Neural Networks: Past, Present and Future. An Overview of the Structure and Training of Artificial Learning Systems. A.B. Whinston and J.D. Johnson, Editors, Advances in Artificial Intelligences in Economics, Finance and Management
- Dorsey, R.E, Johnson, J., Van Boening, M.V, (1994). The use of artificial neural networks for estimation of decision surfaces in first price sealed bid auctions. W.W. Cooper, A.B. Whinston (Eds.), New Direction in Computational Economics
An asterisk (*) at the end of a publication indicates that it has not been peer-reviewed.