Joining the BI Group
USU's Business Intelligence Group
This student-led organization has a combination of both graduate and undergraduate students from all majors. We dedicate quality time throughout the semester for projects from a variety of outside companies.
The Business Intelligence Group is a special interest group of the Association for Information Systems
- Add resume-worthy experience upon project completion
- Enhanced understanding of data analytics
- Learn/apply business intelligence tools and processes
- Network with local, national, and international companies
- Access to a strong alum group
- Online application, which includes an analytics portfolio or resume, skill declaration, and short essay questions.
- Be a formal member of AIS. Information can be found here: https://huntsman.usu.edu/ais/
- Attend three weekly team meetings per month. If unable to attend a meeting, notify team leader beforehand.
- Active participation with assigned team project. This involves pitching ideas for solving problems, creating SQL queries, project research, coding in R and Python, data visualization creations, technical writing, etc.
Any questions can be directed to any of the Project Managers.
We would be happy to take a moment to meet with you to discuss in more detail what the Business Intelligence Group is or answer any questions you may have.