About the Program
Business Ambassadors are authorized student representatives of the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, who work closely with the Huntsman recruitment team in achieving the school's mission of becoming a globally recognized institution. Each year 10-15 outstanding students will be chosen to fill needed positions.
Ambassadors largely help with recruiting students to the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. They are responsible for welcoming visitors to the school by giving campus tours and engaging guests in fun and interesting conversation. They travel to community colleges, other two-year institutions, and high schools to recruit transfer and high school students.
Specific duties of a Business Ambassador include:
- Hosting a DECA and FBLA Aggie Invitational for high school students during the Fall semester
- Attending USU Open Houses around the state
- Giving tours of Huntsman Hall
- Presenting information about the Huntsman School to high school classrooms and events
- Attending weekly team meetings and office hours in the Recruitment Office
- Weekly correspondence with potential Huntsman students through emailing, calling and texting blitzes
Participants in the program are expected to be exemplary students of the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business. They must maintain good standing with grades, engage with faculty and staff, and participate actively in school functions. Through the ambassadors, the school is able to display its best qualities and opportunities available to students. As such, members of the program need to preserve a positive public image.
As a student leadership group, Business Ambassadors work to promote the mission statement of the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business; to develop leaders of distinction in commerce and public affairs. That mission is reflected to all who partner with the school as well as the students who study here. Business Ambassadors represent an institution that enables students to dare mighty things.