At the Huntsman School, we believe in empowering our students to own their education and their careers. The purpose statement of the Huntsman School reads in part that it is our purpose to be a “career accelerator for our students.” Career development options start from the first day at the Huntsman School and continue throughout your professional life.
Specific student and career services provided by the Huntsman School include the following:
- Undergraduate Academic Advising: Integrated undergraduate advising from registration to graduation, including admissions, scholarships, transfers, and the information about the full gamut of all of our “inside the classroom” and “outside the classroom” opportunities.
- Career Development: Resume review and interview preparation are available through appointment with Maren Stromberg, the USU Career Services liaison. The Huntsman School will also provide resume review and interview prep events every semester.
- Career Employment: Opportunities for internships and jobs are developed by two full-time career placement officers. These placement officers work with student club advisors to match the right students with the right opportunities.
- Career Exploration Trips: Faculty and staff lead student field trips to introduce students to professionals and organizations in specific fields of interest or in specific geographic locations, from the Wasatch Front to NYC.
- Leaders Talking to Leaders: Leaders Talking to Leaders is a mini conference series that will allow students to discuss career paths with leaders in the business world. An exclusive opportunity for student leaders to talk to business leaders about career paths.
- On-campus Recruitment: We host an annual recruiting fair for Huntsman School students as well as hosting individual recruiter visits.
Career Development Events
Coming Career Development Events.